Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

They were shipped to me. Where/who would you recommend to get chicks or hatching eggs from? If I got eggs how many should you get to hope for 5hens?
Really eggs could be same bad luck because mycoplasma can be transferred through egg

Based on the symptoms, it sounds like they came sick. Did you get to inspect the breeder's property/other birds or were they shipped to you? Doesn't sound like anything in your environment would have caused it. I am super picky about where my birds come from as I have seen some pretty awful conditions where "breeders" keep their birds sometimes.

Sorry you are having issues. Hope you get them worked out.
Sorry...haven't been on BYC in a while and jumping in here! Hope you don't mind! I agree with Puddin Fluff. Your babies are probably arriving with issues, unfortunately! I had this issue with respiratory disease. Chicks seemed fine when I picked them up...but started showing symptoms shortly after
sad.png
So now I hatch my own babies...I have never had much luck with shipped eggs, so I try to find a local breeder to pick them up if possible..or ship a short distance! That being said...hatching has it own challenges but there is NOTHING more rewarding than seeing you babies bust out of their egg!

As far as egg number for hens...if you figure that one out let us all know!!! LOL!!! There is just now way to know...one year I had 18 eggs and only had 4 roos....next year I had 12 eggs and 8 roos. I would have a plan in place of rehoming you roos if you are looking looking for hens
thumbsup.gif
Or processing them if that is an option for you...I rehome
big_smile.png

So sorry about your experience
hugs.gif
Let us know what you decide! Happy to advise with hatching as many others on this amazing site will do if you decide to hatch!

When can you tell if you have frizzles or not? Mine are about 2 weeks, and they are getting feathers in that don't look smooth...can anyone post a few pics of what a 2-3 week old frizzle looks like?

Back
Top Bottom