Cochin/silkie sick chicks?

I looked it up. Tractor supply is the closest to me. I can get it.
It doesnt hurt them to at least try and see if its the solution right?

I only have done the electrolytes and probiotics so far. But they didnt drink compared to eating.

I am still thinking they werent eating as much as they should of been.

"For Animal Use only. Do not give to sick, feverish, underweight or physically weak birds or animals. "

The one pictured above is weak.
And the others dont look so well either. Idk if I want to use this

I looked it up. Tractor supply is the closest to me. I can get it.
It doesnt hurt them to at least try and see if its the solution right?

I only have done the electrolytes and probiotics so far. But they didnt drink compared to eating.

I am still thinking they werent eating as much as they should of been.
Its worth a try. Boiled eggs are good for added protein and if they aren't drinking I would make them. Add alittle water to their crumbles to make a mash ans that will give them more water intake. Chicks usually enjoy the mash more than the dry food.

Its worth a try. Boiled eggs are good for added protein and if they aren't drinking I would make them. Add alittle water to their crumbles to make a mash ans that will give them more water intake. Chicks usually enjoy the mash more than the dry food.

It says treating them can make them worse.

I can do that tomorrow. Its 11 pm. They already ate and drank what they were going to. Theyre all huddled together even tho its 80 degrees in there.

I will give an update on them after I check them in the morning to see if they survive.

I did what I knew was probably the best. I have them together by themselves. In a control temp. With electrolyte and probiotics.
The food is different but they at it all up by the end of the night.

I am gonna try to bring them back to health.

If anyone has anymore suggestions please feel free to tell me them.

I think they were stressed out and didnt eat. So theyre sick so I am hoping that they can come through this being back home.
I love these guys so much and its breaking my heart.
I hope they all make it

I will give an update on them after I check them in the morning to see if they survive.

I did what I knew was probably the best. I have them together by themselves. In a control temp. With electrolyte and probiotics.
The food is different but they at it all up by the end of the night.

I am gonna try to bring them back to health.

If anyone has anymore suggestions please feel free to tell me them.

I think they were stressed out and didnt eat. So theyre sick so I am hoping that they can come through this being back home.
I love these guys so much and its breaking my heart.
I hope they all make it
If they are huddled they may need supplemental heat especially if they are sick. I hope they make it as well I know how it feels to have special birds and not know how to save them. I have my own babies I wouldn't want to lose.

I would treat them for Coccidiosis. You can find Corid in the cattle section of Tractor Supply. Dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water.
Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

Don't give extra vitamins during the course of treatment.

Raise your water station onto a block of wood or something, this will keep it cleaner and free of wood shavings.

I would still check their crops first thing in the morning to see if they are empty. Spitting up brown liquid can be an indication of crop problems or if picked up and pressed, they will sometime spit up liquid and aspirate.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom