Cochin/silkie sick chicks?

With the heat shes nows reacting to me and opening her eyes but will go back to sleep. She began chirping slightly.

I am gonna let to get warm and see if she'll eat something from my hand in a couple minutes cause I dont think shes eating

She is no longer fluffed and now even standing on her own.

Brought the others out and put them on the pad next and made scrambled eggs.
The one fluffed is eating it
The one now unfluffed is not tho

Warmed them up except the one who seems to be the only not sick.

All unfluffed. 3 are eating but my girl cochin is too weak. She looks at it but just sleeps instead. I might have to look up ways to force feed if I dont see her eat.

Before and after pics so far after the heating pad trick

20190811_231308.jpg
20190811_231258.jpg
20190811_223344.jpg

Now moving and up to date

20190811_234042.jpg
20190811_234444.jpg

I would try to get fluids into her first, you can drip drops beside her beak and let her take it in or dip a qtip in the water and press it lightly against the beak and let a drop or two go in the beak.
Once she's hydrated, see if she can manage some soupy chick starter.
If you have small syringes, you can also get fluids into her as shown in the link below, careful that she doesn't aspirate.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

I would try to get fluids into her first, you can drip drops beside her beak and let her take it in or dip a qtip in the water and press it lightly against the beak and let a drop or two go in the beak.
Once she's hydrated, see if she can manage some soupy chick starter.
If you have small syringes, you can also get fluids into her as shown in the link below, careful that she doesn't aspirate.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

Okay thank you! I was just gonna look up how to do that, so that really helps!

I keep updating so if anyone goes through this they can see everything I did and improve like I am using everyone elses trying to figure out whats going on.

No symptoms other than being cold. 3 are very aware. And theyre boney so I am assuming I was right and they werent eating enough.

I have the other still on the heating pad and I am going to try fluids.

The rest I out back in their box as they are warmed and have full crops. Theyre doing fine and now sleeping.

UPDATE

The bigger silkie I thought was dead. Hes got no strength really. He'll chirp loudly. He pooped a white and green poop. Hes judt extremely weak like the cochin was before she passed so
I bet I will wake up to another dead one.

The cochin cockereal and the silkie ate and drank. Cleaned their feathers and were pecking at random things like normal chicks do. Inspecting everything.

I dont know how that cochin recovered but he did. I wish I just knew how for my big silkies sake but it looks like I am going to be down to 2.

Back
Top Bottom