Cochin/silkie sick chicks?

The silkie isnt dead but hes not opening his eyes or moving.
Hes not fluffed. His poop is still greenish black.
He just has absolutely no strength and is dying slowly

I'm sorry things are not going well :hugs
Can you post some photos of the poop?

What have you tried as far as treatment(s) so far....vitamins, corid, etc.?

Corid was started today on all my chickens and chickens except my 3 week old rhode island reds golden comets and sapphire gems.

Vitamins and electrolyte were before that and he ate an egg with the cockereal cochin the night before the female cochin died.

I dont have pictures of the poop cause it was on my carpet and I had to clean it up obviously.
I figured that with him going limp and no strength there was no way I was going to be able to save him anyways.

He just died

I'm sorry that he died.

I would provide the Corid to all your chicks. It won't hurt them.

My boyfriend doesnt want to give it to them as he has lymes and these are my organic egg layers.
I know it says it doesnt effect the eggs but he still doesnt want it.
Theyre all flying around and jumping out of the brooder. I have raised the walls and they saw it as a challenge.
I am going to try to persuade him but i doubt it will work.
We bought those and are the only we bought. They came from rural king.

20190813_110142.jpg

Here's his poop before he passed. I seperated him and tried to have it so he would die peacefully and he did

Hes upset but hes going to treat them so they wont get it.
Hes very upset about it tho. He said we have to who cares if he dies
(His immune system is down. He wont even take Tylenol when hes sick. He has to try to fight everything on his own cause of his lymes)

These chicks have been in their brooder the whole time and have never been mixed with anyone and have their own special pen where they wont be mixed with any of these.

They might be mixed after winter but our winter will kill the parasite anyways.

Do not get me wrong. This isnt a belief of his this actually can kill him in the end. Any medications are a threat to him. Hes not organic to be organic hes organic cause its the only thing saving his life

Back
Top Bottom