Cochin Thread!!!

Critique my Cochin bantam cockerel. He is just now 5 months old. He still has a lot of growing left to do.

Those feathers on his feet are really long, too. I will have to get a better picture of them tomorrow.

Last edited:
He is hatchery stock from ideal poultry. I think he looks excellent coming from a hatchery. He has his neck stretched out to see so its back is shorter looking.

Last edited:
LOL these are my first cochin bantams I got 2 pair which I know isn't a good ratio of hens to Roos so I'm in the market for more hens of course. I want to start a frizzle project with my daughter she loves the lil curly feathers she says they match her hair. Lol. The two poor lil hens I got were just tore up I had to split them up i couldn't stand them looking so rough.

Any options on hen saddles for these Cochins been checking them out does anyone use them and do they help??

I use the saddles for my girls. I got mine on eBay. I can't remember the sellers name but I can check & let you know. I've bought from 3 sellers & she has the best ones. They do work. I take them off to wash them & they go right back on just as soon as they are dry. She also makes some that have collars to go over the wings. I need that one for my D'Uccle. At first they fussed & tried to snatch them off. All was forgotten when the scratch feed came out. Lol. Now, I don't even need help from anyone else to put them back on. They get used to them pretty quick.

He is hatchery stock from ideal poultry. I think he looks excellent coming from a hatchery. He has his neck stretched out to see so its back is shorter looking.
Honestly, I can't tell anything from those pictures. It would help if you could take them more at his level and in the daylight.

Updated Pictures of my sweet little Lulla Belle... 4mths old LF.

What do you think. How does she stack up against the Standard?

...and one just for fun.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR COCHINS INTERNATIONAL MEMBERS ONLY!! The Summer (August) 2013 Online (Cochins Only) Show is fast approaching! Entries will be accepted between August 1st and August 7th; judging will take place between August 8th and August 14th.

I am very happy to announce that our Judge for the Summer show will be Donald Barger!

Plenty of time in the next 10 days for you to suds up those birds and take some great photos!

Please remember that this is the LAST show for 2013 - there will be no Fall show, as you should all be busy entering your local sanctioned shows!

Please refer to the "Online Show" tab on the website for complete rules and instructions. www.CochinsInt.com

Back
Top Bottom