Cochin Thread!!!

I am hoping to breed them. Here he is with his girl.... They aren't perfect by any means, but they are fluffy and I can pick them both up for cuddles with no issues. He spent 3 months away from us with no handling and I can still scoop him up. I love their personalities. I hope you find some. You won't regret it.
She is beautiful will you ship hatching eggs? If so please put me on your list! I have looked around forever for LF blue cochins. I'm not interested in breeding so much as I am just have some around because I love cochins so much.

Last edited:
She is beautiful
will you ship hatching eggs? If so please put me on your list! I have looked around forever for LF blue cochins. I'm not interested in breeding so much as I am just have some around because I love cochins so much.
It will be awhile, she has just started laying and my wyandotte has mounted her. I will have to separate them for breeding. Also BB hasn't mounted any of the hens yet. Lol he is a bit behind. But I will remember you if I get enough to ship. I have sq silkies I plan on breeding too.
Another pic of Lavender

Last edited:
It will be awhile, she has just started laying and my wyandotte has mounted her. I will have to separate them for breeding. Also BB hasn't mounted any of the hens yet. Lol he is a bit behind. But I will remember you if I get enough to ship. I have sq silkies I plan on breeding too.

I can wait it'll be fall before I stop hatching for my projects and filling orders, after that I just hatch for myself. But I can also wait til spring. I love silkies but for some reason I have a hard time getting them to stay healthy, maybe its just the bloodlines I bought from, I'm raising some real nice blue partridges right now, but what I really wanT are the splashes.

I can wait it'll be fall before I stop hatching for my projects and filling orders, after that I just hatch for myself. But I can also wait til spring. I love silkies but for some reason I have a hard time getting them to stay healthy, maybe its just the bloodlines I bought from, I'm raising some real nice blue partridges right now, but what I really wanT are the splashes.
Since Im breeding blue to blue, splash is likely to happen.

Your silkies are gorgeous! and so is Lavender.
love.gif
Thank you. We just started in chickens this spring, so I have never hatched any myself. I trimmed up my silkies poofs and noticed they are more active now that they can see better. They can waste away from depression I guess.

I've been raising chickens for a little over two years now. I love it. My passion used to be orpingtons, but I've slowly sold my orpingtons off in favor of cochins.
I know that sometimes their poofs are so thick they can't see and if you don't watch it they can dehydrate from not being able to find the waterer.

Back
Top Bottom