Cochin Thread!!!

Wanted to share a few pictures of the new little showgirl we got for my nieces little cochin flock. Was purchased as a 'cockerel' but i had suspicions about 2 days after she'd been home. She laid her first egg a few days ago and almost immediately attached herself to the frizzle roo.

The twisted face girl in the corner is a Partridge Cochin(from Ideal), we've got a couple more and some other colors also. She's so sweet we just couldn't get rid of her. :)

Wanted to share a few pictures of the new little showgirl we got for my nieces little cochin flock. Was purchased as a 'cockerel' but i had suspicions about 2 days after she'd been home. She laid her first egg a few days ago and almost immediately attached herself to the frizzle roo.

The twisted face girl in the corner is a Partridge Cochin(from Ideal), we've got a couple more and some other colors also. She's so sweet we just couldn't get rid of her. :)

Wow! She is drop. dead gorgeous!!
droolin.gif
I take it she's already mixed w/a cochin? (noting the pale skin, [as show girls are supposed to have black skin] and the feather legs).

Cochin thread . NOT a Silkie thread.

Uh, actually that IS Cochin related. It [might be] mixed with one and she bought it for her neice to breed into her Cochin flock.

Last edited:

This is Lily. She was my First cochin ever. I recieved her as a packing peanut in an order from ideal hatchery, to my delight she turned out to be a girl, from day one she was the sweetest chick in the brood. she hopped up in my hand, and sat on my shoulder. when they moved into the big coop outside she still was very sweet, she jumped onto my leg any chance she got and follow me whereever she could. she was my very first broody, and a year and a half later she has raised 5 broods and is on her 6th as we speak. she is still very loving too.
She is the reason I Love cochins so much. She sparked my passion for the breed. :love

Back
Top Bottom