Cochin Thread!!!

I love your buff! I love buffs period! I have a beautiful buff we call Minnie Pearl because she talks all the time. Unfortunately I just got a new computer and I can't find all my pictures!
barnie.gif

Laurie

Quote:
She had a rough start. I bought her at an auction for 1.25. She was thin, pale and neglected. It was a foolish impulse buy but she improved quickly.
Then a friend, taking care of the chickens for a day, misunderstood instructions and put her in the Mille Fleur pen! She got her head and comb bloody but was able to hide under the coop ramp.
My husband rescued her and she snuck into his heart. (I owe her alot, now he is much more understanding of my Cochin obsession.) Her head is healing fast and she is a real sweetie.

Last edited:
The rooster in your first pic looks a lot like my guy, Rooster C the Gangsta Roosta, in color. Rooster C isn't a Cochin though. Is that color defined as partridge? And if that's what the roos look like, do the females look like that 3rd pic? That's the prettiest marked chicken I think I've ever seen. Bear with me on some of these questions, I just started with chickens in April and don't really know anything yet. Except I like chickens in general and Cochins especially
smile.png

Frickinchikin006.jpg

Rooster C aka Frickin Chickin and some of his girls

Have to show off my favorite Cochin bantam boy.

5163450938_5d33d1b289_o.jpg

He is the gentlest cockerel I have, loves to stay on my lap, and is very gentle with the hens. He watches over them while they forage, and lets them eat treats first always. He is gentle with the chicks too. He's my fav boy.

5056609094_3610fbf133_o.jpg

My 2 favorite boys, Smokey in the foreground looks at Ashley, while he ruffles up his feathers at Smokey for a challenge. Smokey is firmly at the top roo position, so he tolerates Ashley's useless antics.

Quote:
I don't know much about hen color for all rosters with black/red combinations, but my neighbor's Golden Salmon Marans rooster has with with that complex laceing too. I don't think it is always called Partridge but I'm not sure about alot of color names. hepl! people with more experience.

I love you silver laced hens in the left of your picture. What are they?

Back
Top Bottom