Cochin Thread!!!

No i never knew of a show in gainesville. But almost 40 years ago my uncle used to take us to shows in Lawrenceville, Canton and a couple other places that they no longer have shows. Now we have them in Dalton, Jefferson, Newnan and Carrollton. I usally go to the Carolina shows and one in Tennesee.

Quote:
Acually a buddy of mine gave me 2 females that came out of his partridge and he didn't like them or the partridge for throwing the wheatens and gave me both. It took me a while to get wheaten males but i did using partridge.

Gabby, Stella, and Lena our first bantam cohins.. I think they are about 10-12 weeks.
29749_26936_103_0277.jpg

Gabby eating clover
29749_chicken_party_acdc_086.jpg

Here is Rizzo, he's a frizzle that i think is about 6 weeks. He's actually my friend, Sondra's bird. We're chicken partners.
hugs.gif

29749_26936_103_0294.jpg

This is my STD roo Romeo. I'm not sure how old he is I'm guessing about 8 weeks but really have no idea.
29749_chicken_party_acdc_067.jpg

And this here is Juliet. She is a STD blue. She is close to Romeo's age.
29749_chicken_party_acdc_059.jpg

I love bantam cochins! This is Charlie, the chicken of my heart, with his gal Chloe. If I have a bad day, all I have to do is go out to the coop and watch him for awhile...his antics and "chicken talk" will put a smile on my face in no time!
26842_charlie.jpg

ok so I have a cochin question.... I have little bantam cochin roo he is about 4/5wks old his outside toes don't have much of a "toenail" they are the toes that are most covered by feathers. Is this normal?

Yes, it is quite normal for feather footed breeds (cochins, silkies, d'uccles, etc...) to have a rudimentary outer toe. This comes with the heavy feathering gene and is not discounted in the show hall.

Bo

Back
Top Bottom