Cochin Thread!!!

I am so thrilled to see all these different Cochins! Amazing colors, amazing! You are a horrible influence, terrible. Did I mention that your a bad influence. Glad your not my neighbors...I'd be coaxing them all over to my house!
We have an amazing roo Scooter, he made a lasting impression on all that wandered through the Oxford Chickenstock (Maine), this breed, I guess are so sweet yet protective of "His" family.

This is Scooter front view...
9241_100_5080.jpg

This is Scooter back to, he has the cutest "fuffy" pants!
9241_100_5118.jpg

Then this is his woman Lucy
9241_100_5093.jpg

And this is what they produced!
9241_lucyscooters_babies.jpg

9241_weebugger.jpg

Mr. Fancy Pants is standard. So you think his coloring is golden laced? Or is he just a mixture of black and orange/red? I think he is beautiful, but would like an idea of what to call his color!

hu.gif

I put another post on another thread, but I am looking for a cochin pullet(prefer less than 9 weeks) somewhat close to Central Indiana (at least a relatively short drive, up to 1hr)

the reason I am looking for just 1 (maybe 2) and a specific age, is because my oldest girls (red sexlinks) are 9 weeks and I have 27 various other breeds that are 1 week old. I thought if the cochin would be close in age to the girls I have, she would adapt well.

My niece has requested a furry footed chicken. I really hand picked the girls I have for their beauty and egg laying capabilities...I love them all!!

I would love to add a cochin to my family...I'm not really sure if I want a big girl or a banty...advice welcome.

hi , I live in Western NC and am wanting to buy the larger size Buff Cochin chicks, anyone have any recommendations of a supplier. I have never purchased chicks online and I am feeling.....uhm a little chicken myself ! LOL any suggestions would be most appreciated.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom