Cochin Thread!!!

So Mr. Ree......will you be bringing any of these chicks to Frankfort on April 7 for the swap? Even if I can't get red (yet) I'm still looking for a couple of smooth pullets for my micro-urban farm.

Last edited:
Hey y'all!
I'm really curious to get some feedback on his overall quality. What do you think?

Hey folks!

I have an adorable and sweet little 5-mo-old silver-laced bantam roo. He was hatched from eggs I got from LuckyPickens, and hand-raised in my bedroom. :D His name is Roquefort ("Rocky" for short).

Thanks,
~Gypsylion~

Prince Rocky

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I never heard of feather sexing cochins before so I really don't know. None of my friends have either.

Rocky is so cute I wish I could get him. But I live in Wisconsin. BYC really distorts the pictures when it resizes them (no offense BYC)~so I resize the pictures before I post them on here

So Mr. Ree......will you be bringing any of these chicks to Frankfort on April 7 for the swap? Even if I can't get red (yet) I'm still looking for a couple of smooth pullets for my micro-urban farm.

I wont have anything available until this Fall, in any variety, as far as pullets go. I cant gurantee I will have any extra pullets then, as I wont sale them and be left with extra males. I do have a few male birds I am trying to give away, but not any pullets. I do not offer hatching eggs or birds under a certain age. So what I hatch this Spring wont be picked through until this Summer/Fall.

~Casey

Last edited:
Gail, this is a stitch. Thanks for the bright spot in my day.

OK, Doris isn't a Cochin, but she still needs your vote! We can't let the Dung Beetle win.

And if you don't want to vote, be sure to at least watch the auditions . . . they are hysterical!
lau.gif

www.frontierairlines.com/animals

Well, Miss Buttercup is much happier now that her sister (we hope) has joined her. Not a great pic, but here is Butterbean.

Another one of Butterbean:

And happy Miss Buttercup enjoying her company:

Back
Top Bottom