Cochin Thread!!!

Joanie_Maine, are these two birds siblings? If so i would be very interested to see which pair produced them. The pullet has clear pencilling and the cockerel has what looks like a pure black chest, some people are convinced the only way to get that is to double breed partridge.

Lovely birds all the same.

It really does confuse me that you cant produce two birds that meet the standard without double breeding, after reading Reeder's book, i must admit i agree with him that the standard should be changed.

Here's a white banty roo & a black frizzle straight run.
Same age. Taken May 5th.

Above & below, May 19th

June 3rd (can't find the frizzle's pic, sorry, but I'm adding his cuz he's so handsome!)

And then our cat got ahold of the frizzle in July. But - I have other frizzles that just grow rather runty. Here's the roo's pic on Aug. 1st. My teenager named him Stereotype.
roll.png
{{rolls eyes}}

Dust bathing with Afroman (buff laced polish), Spanky (frizzle gold laced polish), Entai (smooth gold laced polish), and Horrace is leaving the picture (mottled houdan).

Above & below are better pics of Afroman. He has THEE best crest out of all my polish!

Here is a better picture of Horrace. I told my daughter if he's a she (before we knew for sure, but he's the head rooster and does all the crowing), then her name's going to be Horchata (hor-SHA-ta). She kept saying no, Hermoinie! But I call him Horchata now and then to tease her & tell her I'm gonna eat him. LOL! (she can handle the teasing, she's 17).

The above 3 pics were taken July 18th. If you look at his wing, you can see he has 1 black feather on each wing. That's kinda odd...
And I had to hold him up b/c he kept scratching & pecking and I couldn't get a gd pic.

Entai, left. Front is Sinbad, his front chest area you can see the frizzle, Spanky. Behind Sinbad w/the white/silvery head/neck and huge black tail is our EE roo, America, who is 2nd top rooster. Way in the back, the buff looking one, is Raicou. A buff cochin/EE mix. And Stereotype on the far right. He's the only bantam cochin we have. I'll be getting 18+ eggs in the mail today though, all banty's.

All the following pics are of Evanlynn. She's about 3-4 mos in these pics.

Back
Top Bottom