Cochin Thread!!!

Wanted to post updated pics of my hen and roo! :) Their feet feathers were looking a little rough after it had rained every single day for around 2 weeks Also, anyone know what the color of my roo would be considered?

As far as cochin roosters go, how is their temperament and how loud is there crow usually? I am thinking of getting a Cochin rooster for my flock. I had a faverolle rooster a long time ago who had a nice quiet crow. I was currious if cochins were similar.

Is it normal for a black chick to have a couple white feathers on the wing tip? 1 has it and 1 doesn't. I figured it will molt out when they get thier bigger feathers, but i wanted to be sure, i also have 2 that i think are barred, they have a white dot on thier head (hatchery assortment)

Black Australorps molt out those white feathers so I think they will. And the 2 others r Barred Cochin's...

Well so far so good. She seems to be doing a good job at mothering so far, not letting anyone pick on them. Great job at incubating them. Last year she was broody for two weeks and I popped a couple chicks under her and she didn't take care of them for more then a few days when she ditched them for the roost at night, so I'll be watching her and I took the roost out ;) but she was only 7 months old last time so I gave her another chance =)

Last edited:
As far as cochin roosters go, how is their temperament and how loud is there crow usually? I am thinking of getting a Cochin rooster for my flock. I had a faverolle rooster a long time ago who had a nice quiet crow. I was currious if cochins were similar.

My Cochin rooster Mr Beasley is very sweet and his crow is not bad at all. It's kind of a low range and he only crows twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom