Cochin Thread!!!

Hi guys I was thinking about ordering some silver laced Cochins from Meyer hatchery ,are they good egg layers ? Does any one have any pictures of meyers stock or of their own ?
Thanks for all the help .:)

Hi guys I was thinking about ordering some silver laced Cochins from Meyer hatchery ,are they good egg layers ? Does any one have any pictures of meyers stock or of their own ?
Thanks for all the help .:)
I have one from My Pet Chicken, they are the same stock from what I can tell. My is a poor layer and goes broody often, just got done breaking her again.

My blue splash from this year, her blue sister looks nothing like her, her feathering is more sparse and there's hardly any feathering on its leg, this splash is a bit fluffy chunk.

Just wanted to post a pic of my pretty boy, Grayson. Hadn't intended to have a rooster, but since I got one we've bought a "no crow" color for him and are going to try to keep him. So far, he hasn't crowed (he's about 5 months old), so maybe it's working.

Also a photo of Margaret, who's the same age.

I also have 3 partridge cochin hens that are about a year and a half. Only one of them has gone broody, but I separated her and kept her cool and she came out of it pretty quickly - then immediately did a complete molt.

So cute! Love Margaret's color <3

Thanks! Margaret is the sweetest girl and even comes when I call her name. Grayson is also a sweetie, though he's not so thrilled with me since I put the collar on him. I get a lot of nasty side-eye looks from him now. He is also afraid of my older girls and high-tails it behind the coop every time they get close to him. I'm hoping he gets over that! lol

Beautiful birds :) my 5 1/2 month old roo is still terrified of my old girls too lol. And he's totally intimidated by my little banties!

Love hearing the "swoosh swoosh swoosh" of his bell bottoms as he follows me around the yard lol. My little hired helper.

I love the splash! And I like silver laced in other birds, I just don't personally care for it in cochins. I prefer mottled cochins. No offense to your beautiful birds :)

Beautiful birds :) my 5 1/2 month old roo is still terrified of my old girls too lol. And he's totally intimidated by my little banties!

Love hearing the "swoosh swoosh swoosh" of his bell bottoms as he follows me around the yard lol. My little hired helper.

Lol! Little bantams aren't scared of anything, are they.

Bell bottoms are a good description, I tell my Katherine to pull her jammies up as she waddles around :D but that's one of the things I love most about these guys.

I absolutely LOVE your silver laced cochin! Where did you get her if I may ask? I've been looking for some like crazy
Thank you. She came from My Pet Chicken, I was going to get a couple more next year too. I'm a big fan of the silver laced coloring. This year I tried every other color they carry, white, blue, partridge, but prefer the laced. I like laced birds in general, it's always so striking.

Back
Top Bottom