Cochin Thread!!!

Here's some updated pictures of my Cochins

Blue Pullet 5 months

Black Cockerel 5 months

Blue Pullet, molting 9 months

Blue Frizzle Cockerel 9 months

Here are the three partridge girls. Two of them are molting, so they're not the prettiest. They're good tempered birds, though the one I call Squaka complains any time anything is different - and she's pretty loud about it. lol

They're sweet, too. They do lay smaller eggs, but they tend to have big yolks. I'm not sure if that's common, but that's what these girls do. You need to get some to go with your rooster!

They're sweet, too. They do lay smaller eggs, but they tend to have big yolks. I'm not sure if that's common, but that's what these girls do. You need to get some to go with your rooster!

Don't make me cry, lol. I ordered a White and Partridge hen. The Partridge ended up being a rooster and not the best patterning. Sigh. I didn't want to wait until spring to order more, to wait 6-8 months to finally hatch some adorable blue over Partridge Cochin chicks.....

I had family over today and my Blue Cochin rooster by far was their favorite!

Does anyone breed blue, splash, blue mottled, or mottled bantam frizzled cochins? Or know of anyone that does? I'm looking to order some, adults or chicks.

I picked up a Partridge Cochin back in April on a whim. I knew they had pretty feathers and I wanted to add one to my flock. I love her. She's the bottom of the pecking order and gets chased a little bit. Last to come into lay. But she really is beautiful. I love the sound her feathers make as she drags them across the patio.

Back
Top Bottom