Cochin Thread!!!

Ugh! I am so jealous of all these black bantam Cochins! I do have 9 developing in the incubator, but I can't help but feel like I am just not meant to own them. I am honestly considering selling 2 of my Chocolate Orp cockerels and use that money for some black Bantam girls. Heck, maybe I will just scratch the whole chocolate bantam Cochin idea. I obviously had a diluted sense of financial debt these birds would cause.

@Lacrystol - I agree, #1 boy, #2 girl, #3 boy!
THANK you, boy, I'm getting good at this, YIPPIE.. They are a tab bit easier then Silkies. HAHAHA

I just started with Cochins this year.I ordered over 50 babies and have a wide variety of colors.So glad I found this thread...I have so many questions....

Pulled these 6 cuties out of the incubator less than a half-hour ago.
love.gif
These guys are all full-blooded siblings from a paired mating, and this was a 100% hatch!
celebrate.gif
I can't wait to see how they all turn out!

Gail and Robert, both of you are correct. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I sent Mike (Bantyman) his contact info. If anyone else wants it let me know?

Charlie

Last edited:
Are Cochins slow at maturing? Because my Cinnamon is sooo small compared to my other chickens. I know BRs are supposed to be bigger it just seems like Cinnamon has stopped growing and is the size of an adult Serama. Nugget who is my Silkie (and Silkies are slow at maturing) has already out grown Cinnamon. I'm really thinking that she is not pure Cochin even those the guy I got her from keeps all his bird separate.
This is my Cinnamon - also I'm always calling Cinnamon a she, however I'm not really sure. She is about 5 month now. No crowing as of yet. What do you all think?

Yes many Cochins are slow maturing. Comparing breeds is not fair assessment as they may develop at a different rate.

Back
Top Bottom