I'm sitting here in tears this morning.. Went out to feed and water the youngsters and found my little blue copper marans laying on her side... She's cold, and had ants crawling all on her.. I've brought her in and wrapped her in a hand towel.. Did some inspecting and there's a small injury under her wing, not sure if it's leg, or what. She's laying in front of me peeping and getting warmed back up. Same one that nearly had her eye poked out by another chick.
Could she have coccidiosis? I would give nutradrench and protein, put under a heat lamp or on a heating pad. Also check for parasites.

Could she have coccidiosis? I would give nutradrench and protein, put under a heat lamp or on a heating pad. Also check for parasites.
If she does, everyone in that coop will have it as well, and every one else is fine and dandy.. she was very well yesterday as I checked her eye again to make sure it was still doing well. No evidence of struggles in the coop, no feathers, nothing.. .I kept her close to my body to supply natural heat.. She's now in a comfy towel 'nest' in the brooder room. She's more alert, and drinks water when ever I offer it to her.. Her crop was immense when I first brought her in, it's now smaller and softer, but she's not interested in food.. i even made her a scrambled egg with oregano.

This is what took me away this morning cleaned coops after we got home ..
Went to Tacoma old town about 70 miles up I-5 was told he was eating solid food no teeth 6 weeks at best picked up a bottle and kmr .. Say hi to Pugsly
007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom