Color Help...

Wow, JD, that one has an interesting "tint" to it! Hmm, not sure. How do Splash Wheatens start out? Reminds me of that color a bit. Doesn't really look like a splash from a blue breeding, does it?

Edited to add: Please post pictures as this one grows. I'm dying to see how it turns out. And you asked for color help, but I didnt give much help, did I, LOL?

Last edited:
Is there some way to tell self blue from splash/blue? Something about the base of the feather?

Cyn, he is for the most part a consistent color all over, a pale blue, but it does have this weird red tint.

what color was it as a chick? Yours looks too light to be lavender on my computer. Here is lavender:

IMG_1521.jpg

Last edited:
As a chick, he was silvery color on his backside with a more yellow/white colored chest. (The person whom I ordered with had gotten white Jersey Giants and I honestly thought she had given me one of them by accident until I saw the comb/beard.)

I think he is just an unusual splash, I will breed him to some very nice black Ameraucana pullets I have and see what color the chicks are!

Back
Top Bottom