Colorado?

I'm going to be hatching out some Buff orpingtons here soon, but I'll get yours so they are all the same age, unless I can find Black austro eggs
lau.gif
Oh dear, this hatching thing is going to get the best of me, I can feel it.
gig.gif

I'd like to see your coop as well. I'm looking for some new designs to add to my list of options.

Make sure it has a floor, or that nothing can dig under it.

I have 2 coops of my own. One big one for my girls and a brooder coop, and I'm working on talking DH (dear husband) into a breeder coop too. It's not the building that's an issue, it's getting him to let me put it somewhere.
sad.png

LoneCowboy, how did the BO hatching go? Our favorite girl, a BO, died 2 weeks ago very unexpectedly (while laying her first egg, we believe). Our dd is crushed, of course, and really wants another BO. Just curious to know what's around us (though doesn't need to be right now), rather than having to do another order online.

Thanks!

4myHennyPenny those buffs didn't work out, I have more in the bator now, but I have 2 extras coming in on my hatchery order. What I do is order 50 chicks, brood them for 7 weeks and sell them for $8 each. Covers feed and electricity etc. Anyway, by the time they go to their new homes, they are feathered out and can handle reasonable weather conditions. If you are interested in 1 let me know. They will be 7 weeks old on April 4th or you are welcome to one of mine if this hatch works out. These should be ready March 13th.

I actually have about 20 extra birds coming on my order, so if you are looking for anything else too, let me know.

Deniece

Hey LCowboy,
Just curious on the EE's. I always thought they were darker feathered and today I saw in a post two light featherd one's that were called EE's. Do you know what the EE's are going to look like that you ordered? Not that it matters I was just wondering.
big_smile.png

Most of them come in looking like the brown ones, but I have had a white one and another that was grey and white. The more I order the more likely I am to get a verity of colors. But I'd plan on just the plain old brown ones.

You know, the more time I spend doctoring my EE's
wink.png
the more I like them. They really are very cute with their fluffy cheeks.

Back
Top Bottom