Colorado?

Quote:
Hey ksacres, did you know there's a livestock swap meet every first weekend at some Greeley Feed Store? It's free. Just bring your stuff to sell, and set up shop. ColoradoChick and I are going to go check it out next month, then in April we might load up our roos and take them down there. You should see if you can get rid of some or your extras that way. But don't let me buy any ok?
big_smile.png

yippiechickie.gif
Roadtrip!!!!! C'mon Lori, you know you want to drive down here for a visit
wee.gif

And ks, there will be no bringing Silkies to this meet up
lol.png

Last edited:
When is it? I probably can't make March, but maybe April I could. The dh is deploying the first week of March, so I'm probably not going to be in any condition for driving to Greeley by myself
smile.png

ks, here's info on that Market meet up in Greeley:
Market Morning Saturday 3-1-08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-02-26, 7:27AM MST

Buy Sell Trade, a unique way for animal people to come together. People from all over the front range gather here the first Saturday of every month and bring their farm animals. The typical array of critters includes: Bunnies, Chickens, Goats, Puppies, Kittens, Pigs, Cages, Fencing, Home Grown Honey, Farm Fresh Eggs, minature horses, and much more. Its a great resource to weed down flocks and get ready for new projects or find a new hobby. There is no charge to bring your animals. Market morning is offered as a service to the community by J&T Country Feeds in Greeley. Located at 6380 W 10th St. The fun begins at 7am and runs until everyone is sold out, typically 10. Please call for more information 970-378-0240

Edited to add: It's just so darn early and doesn't last too long

Last edited:
Hello! I am glad to see others from COLORADO! I am south of Denver. I am brand new to BYC. I have been spending a lot of time of this forum the past week. I have found so much wonderful information.

I have 15 - 2 week old chicks and 18 - 1 week old chicks. We have RIR, SLW, BO, and Partridge Rocks, 1 of which should be a roo.
D.gif

I had chickens when I was a kid and love that my kids can experience the same thing. The thing is, I think that I like them more than my kiddos. At least as much as they do.
big_smile.png

Right now my biggest concern is that a family of either skunks or foxes is under part of my hen house!!!!

I love all the information on this site.

Kelly

Hi Kelly, Nice to see you here. I'm in Arvada. Just got my first chicks this last weekend, a mixture of bantys and then my hubby brought home 2 RIR, 2 BR, 3 Americaunas, The RIR's and BR's are supposed to be girls but I'm having my doubts Yikes!! Good luck with your babies and the other inhabitants
barnie.gif
out there too.

Cara

Hi Kelly - Welcome! Where south of Denver are you? Sounds like you must have some acreage, or a really big yard, with all those chickens. Are they your first chickens?

I'd love to hear from anyone that actually goes up to the Greeley swap. I might head up there in April if anyone from here goes and gives a thumbs up.

You and me both! No wonder he decided to just turn the tack shed into the coop
gig.gif
But they are a couple weeks older than the others and I'm going to have Erica post some pics to see if anybody can tell if they're boys or girls
fl.gif
girls girls girls girls girls girls.

They are all doing great! We put the pine shavings in the bantys lastnight and you should've seen them tearing around, playing, chasing, having a blast
lol.png
. It was funny. Even when DH got home after midnight they were still at it. Needless to say they slept most of the day

Last edited:
Quote:
We are just south and east of Parker is you know where that is. We do have some acerage. These are the first chickens we have been able to keep at ourselves. We ordered chickens 2 years ago with my cousin and her children. They were kept on their land because we didn't have land at the time. We are loving having our own land and having chicks here. We had 14 die in the first order that we rec'd from McMurray Hatchery, but the second batch of replacements did great. It was very upsetting to have so many die though. McMurray said that their was a bad snow storm when the first ones shipped. The chicks didn't recover well. The second set came "peppy" and "happy", very different from the first set. Everyone seems to be doing well and growing like crazy. They have pretty much outgrown the original brooder box that they are in. We are thinking of moving them to a sectioned off area in the hen house (of course it is covered and equipped with heat lamps) this weekend because the weather should be nice. I know we have some time, but we can hardly wait for the eggs to come.
ya.gif

How long have you had your chickens?

Back
Top Bottom