Colorado

Thanks Coopa Cabana and Colorado Chick... No new updates as of today other than we have decided definitively to move back up to my MIL's farm in Evergreen. It just seems like the best route for us at this time and the way we have been doing our birds the last several months has been so hard on me anyway. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. My MIL has wanted to move out of the house anyway and we have so much more room up there, plus two existing barns with water and electric. It will make things so much easier, especially in the winter.

Unbelievably, still no word from anyone with the county, the HOA, nothing.... not a word. It really makes me feel like they don't even want to discuss it. Paying this attorney has been a complete and utter waste of money (not necessarily all his fault). We don't know any more than we did weeks ago. Not only that, we actually know less because we went into this thinking that a variance could be applied for based on the information online and what the attorney told us. He has found another potential route we can take (an administrative route rather than getting approval from the board), but we have heard nothing new on that since last week. It really feels like they are all just completely ignoring us. We can't even get an answer about whether or not they are fining us. Anyway, we can't continue to drag this out forever not knowing whether we can keep the birds here. We have to proactively plan if we need to try to sell or rent this house, hence the decision to move back to the farm. I think it is just the best decision all around.

Quote:
Maybe a mute point question here, but aren't you going to be under the same Jefferson Co ordinances up in Evergreen? Aren't they in Jeffco? Or is the land up there zoned differently?

I think part of Evergreen is in Jeffco. Our place though is in Clear Creek and zoned agriculture. I think Jefferson county actually has some ag. zoned areas too, just not where we are.

Hey all, speaking of city workers, for lack of the word that I want to use
roll.png

I was out of town last week and I get a call from my son that the city worker was in our neighbors yard taking pics of our chickens. ????? My neighbor wasn't home but her fiance was and she was mad that he let her go to the backyard but anyways...I have a Gold Laced Polish boy, Spike, he's beautiful!! Started crowing about 2 weeks ago and is now trying to mount the girls BUT I have to find him a new home. I knew I would when this time came but it still breaks my heart. I will get a pic of him tomorrow. But he really is a pretty boy. Free to any of you who will give him a free home. He's from Privett Hatchery, approx 17 weeks old and very, very pretty.

Cara

ETA: SPike found a great home with 20 pullets. He won't know what hit him
lol.png

Last edited:
mrs E, we just got back from a softball tournament in Las Vegas. The first day it got up to 112 and our air went out on the car!!! I thought I was going to die. I was hoping those rains that we got would find their way up there but no luck.

Quote:
Maybe a mute point question here, but aren't you going to be under the same Jefferson Co ordinances up in Evergreen? Aren't they in Jeffco? Or is the land up there zoned differently?

I'm up in Conifer (as close to Evergreen as you can be w/o living in it) on 4 acres. According to the county (I've called) I can have up to a 400 sq. ft. coop (no regulations on the number of birds I can put in it), and 4 large livestock per acre of land. We're not zoned ag where we are either. HTH

Sonja

We were off of 52nd and Eldridge in Arvada which was considered "unincorporated" Jeffco. We didn't have any issues with our roosters, number of chickens, duck, geese. I think anywhere that you HAD and HOA or do have one, there are going to be problems. They'll apparently rise out of the ashes to make themselves known whenever the need arises. Wether it's been 1 month or 30 years
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom