Colorado

Hey guys.... we lost one of our two peeps today :( Well probably last night some time. Cause of death is unknown-- just found her dead. The remaining peep seems a little frightened and alone....so sad. With the storm coming, everyone will be inside the coop anyway so she will have company. I know better than to have peeps in the winter! Praying this last one makes it. I will have momma join her again with this bad cold coming as I doubt the heat lamp will be enough.

hugs.gif

Sorry to hear about the peep. I have my fingers crossed for the other one.

Bless you,

Babs

Barnies lay a dark egg, not as dark as the Marans breed, but fairly dark. These hens are year and half old, they are laying, but fertility has been hit and miss with them.

Oh no! Sorry for your loss. Is why I am holding off on peeps this time of year, can't keep them inside, and with no electricity in the coop no heat available. I am trying to be good and hold off til I the weather is a bit warmer......

Hard for me to see the Bullseye, but could be my computer screen........

Merry Chirstmas and wishing everyone a beautiful New Year!!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Good to see you check in Wendell. The pullets I kept from the eggs you gave me just started laying, right on the solstice! They are really pretty birds and lay pretty olive colored eggs. I thought it was great that they started laying on the solstice.

It is just starting to snow here.
mo

Thanks for the kind words and support all... I put momma Seaweed back in with the remaining peep (she wasn't keeping very good care of them which is why I removed her but she has been around them the entire time). The remaining peeps seems lost and scared and so I put momma back in and the peep made those nice little "calming" peeping noises...good sign! I have the coop cam on and will monitor them both and if she sits for the peep to help keep her warm (along with the heat lamp) i will try to keep them together moving fwd especially during this very cold period they're forecasting.

Cross your fingers for Pepper the Peep!

Fingers crossed for Pepper the little peep.
I am not looking forward to the cold we are expecting at all. I have one leghorn that will NOT roost with the others and got frost bite on her comb in the last sub zero snap. Worst case she will go in a dog crate in my office. (coldest room in the house since I do not want to shock her system to much)

Hoping for the best and planning for the worst. Sometimes I even come out on top.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays

Babs

@COChix With yours, I think I can see the bullseyes. I'll have to compare yours to mine & hopefully that'll make it easier for me to tell. :) I did decide to hold off on trying to incubate until February, just in case any hatch. Figured I probably didn't want to try integrating chicks into the flock during March since that's usually our snowiest month. I am terrible at waiting, though, so we'll see if I have the willpower. I want to hatch some tiny blonde glam chickens with punk rock attitudes. :D

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas. Mine didn't go so well thanks to my healing brain trauma & my physical trauma since I haven't been able to afford more PT. Although, because of the weather, it looks like I may not be going into work tomorrow. Give me some time to move the flock back into the barn since the snow covered almost all of their run. Give me time to clear that out as well, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom