columbian ameraucana~possible? genetic gurus....

yuckyuck.gif

Funny HENK. Real Smooth.

Last edited:
Quote:
Not meaning to poke my nose into the thread, but... If that pullet has columbian genes based on her color, does that mean my two EEs do too?

obama_and_sister.jpg

Are the black-shiny-irridescent-green hearts common on the tips of the columbian feathers? I just noticed the one on the left has them around her neck and traveling down her back. Kinda pretty. Reminds me a bit of a peacock feather with where the heart falls.

Michigan Woods,

EEs seem to have so many colours all mixed up it is rather difficult to say what might be in them.

I don't think those birds have columbian. My guess would be.... eWh//e+ S//- amongst others.

Solsken Farm....you talk too soon ...... might be completely wrong
tongue.png

Maybe Blackdotte, Henk 69, or some of the others will tell us
big_smile.png

& I don't know quite what causes the little dark tips the feathers. I could make a few guesses.

I have seen many columbian looking easter eggers that come from hatcheries and my old boss at the dairy had a great looking buff columbian EE hen, looked like an ameraucana. I know there was someone working on them but they didnt talk too much about it because they were told by an ameraucana person that it wouldnt work. Maybe they will see this and talk about it.

Okay, so I finally bred one of my columbian looking birds, a rooster, from my Birchen line, with a full ameraucana silver bantam hen. This male turned out looking pretty nice but the females aren't quite as white with more black in their backs. Someone on the ameraucana website, suggested I breed this male to a wheaten ameraucana hen and save the female offspring to breed back to him. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Raising out the next generation of columbian chicks currently and I have a few questions.

With my Columbian project......I've got chicks growing currently with both the white down coloring and yellowy down coloring.

Am I correct to assume, that if I select the chicks with the white down coloring now that I'll have a cleaner white bird with the columbian pattern later as they mature?

What about the columbian chicks with the yellowy down, will they end up carrying the smutty red/gold leakage later as they mature?

Can I determine anything at this chick stage, seeing the two differences in the chick down coloring? Thanks for any input!
smiley.gif

Back
Top Bottom