Come One, Come All to the Greatest Unofficial Bird Show for the Nest Two Weeks (No Prizes)

Pics

Sadness Child

Crowing
Jun 16, 2019
ABQ, New Mexico
I welcome everyone who has come to either enter this competition or watch this play out.
You can have a maximum of 2 entries. You may enter any bird that you own, or previously owned.
The winner will be decided in two ways. I will decide a top 3 judged by myself, and another top 3 will be decided by you guys.
I will be judging based on beauty, health, and most importantly personality.
I will request that when you enter your bird that you have a small description of their personality and their health.
The contest will end on the 18th of October, or when there are 20 entries.
Then I will open a voting poll for you guys to vote for your favorites, then I will judge by myself and announce the winners of both judgings.
Other than all of this have fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201005-182051.png
    Screenshot_20201005-182051.png
    675.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
This is Rocky. She is a 4 year old Black Australorp. She is the leader of the flock, and does a great job watching out for predators. She's very friendly and doesn't mind being held, as long as you don't ruffle her beautiful feathers. ;) If you make her mad, she lets you know by yelling at you for at least 5 minutes. She is also an incredible mom. She raised her first chicks this year, and is continuing to dutifully protect them, find them food, and keep them warm every night, even though the chicks are 4 months old. :gig

Rocky and Chicks.jpg

Rocky with Cheeks.jpeg

Entry 1: Guinevere (Guin for short).
Guin is my blue swedish baby, she was raised with chickens, by a chicken and honestly thought that she was a chicken until we got another duck a year later (he initially thought that he was also a chicken but they figured it out). Guin's favorite food is cheese, she LOVES cheese. She is a very happy and healthy duck, she loves her life and she loves her cuddles, but not more than she loves her cheese 😂
received_888747538286840.jpeg

This is Maisie. She is a 4 year old Rhode Island Red. Maisie is the goofball in my flock. She has a massive comb and wattles, she has spurs and pointed hackle feathers like a rooster, she is incredibly loud, and she has the funniest personality. She gets really jealous if I spend time with the other chickens instead of with her. She will come over and pull at my pants or shirt to get my attention. She is also incredibly food obsessed, more so than any of my other chickens. She will stand where I put the treats (out of her reach) and yell at me until I give her some. She also understands body language. If you put your fist in her face, she will get really mad and start attacking you. But, if you put your open hand to her face, she will lift her head and wait for you to rub between her wattles. :gig

Maisie Pic.jpg

Maisie Pic 2.jpg

This is Delilah she is 6 month old Rhode Island Red Cross and she loves water! Weird right! She will bath herself in a little baby pool I have in my yard. She is very sweet and will sit on your lap all day BUT she is a eating machine!!! You can tell she is a little chubby 😂 she is in great health but does go egg bound sometimes because she lays Huge eggs!!
E99F192E-845A-4F99-84D7-6C3999204991.png
ABE2C8CF-E86E-4755-AF45-9FFE7A0C8AA0.jpeg

Ok I am rephrasing. Any Feathered Creature that has wings and is proven to exist is a bird.
Darn it. A bat would have been the next entry.

I suppose the Earl of Emsworth will have to do. He is now touching on 16 weeks.
Cockerel, of course.
15-16 weeks old, and a Buff Orp.
He's small for his age, but extremely fiesty.
Since Earl of Emsworth is a bit of a beakful, he is referred to as Lord Emsworth.

Attachments

• IMG_20200922_124903.jpg
    IMG_20200922_124903.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201005-190849.png
    Screenshot_20201005-190849.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20201005-190912.png
    Screenshot_20201005-190912.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom