Community forces special needs group home to get rid of horses

Well there was an existing ordinance in place, so they shouldn't have had them there to begin with. Miniature or not, they're still horses
big_smile.png

There are several cities changing their rules about this - including goats and chickens. Still, using minature horses as therapy animals is not mainstream enough to get them on the assistance animals list. They're never going to replace a dog, for instance.

So, moral of the story is - make sure you're legal before you bring animals home. Hopefully the home can place the horses in a facility out of city limits and bring the horses in for visits.

Well there was an existing ordinance in place, so they shouldn't have had them there to begin with. Miniature or not, they're still horses

I agree.

I don't see why they can't just bring the horse in for visits?? Minis aren't that hard to transport, I brought mine home in the back of a capped Ranger...I sat in the back with him. You could easily train one to ride in an SUV. As silly as it sounds, when my guy was younger I took him to my parents house in the back of my Focus...and no he didn't poo in my car.
tongue.png
He was actually very well behaved.​

They're never going to replace a dog, for instance.

"never say never"

My wife and I were taking the kids to the airport to go visit family in Texas when right before our very eyes stood a miniture pony in the security checkout line.
His handler was a young blind lady and THEY were on their way to Houston.
The dd said the blind young lady sat in the first row and the pony laid at her feet for the entire 2 hour and 20 minute flight.

Look out dogs....here come the mini!

My goats are pretty well service animals. I have a large hill with a creek at the bottom that a healthy person could barely mow. Just guessing it is around a 75% grade. I sometimes have trouble mowing flat ground. The last and only time I tried to mow that hill I was in bed over a month. Goats are legal in town so far. Grass over 10 inches is not. My hill used to be terraced until the city ran sewer through my yard and decided it would be better to have a steep hill there than the easier to maintain terraces. If they ever make goats illegal I will fight it. The point to this. I do not think I could get a service dog to mow my lawn. That service animal list severely needs amended.

Back
Top Bottom