Companions for jerk rooster.

I was going to suggest some nice carrots and onions, with maybe some stew meat...but I guess that's not an option for you. I suggest you sell him or give him away, with full disclosure, to someone who can do what they want with him. It's only a matter of time before he hurts someone, either a person or another animal. There are too many nice roosters out there to waste time with a jerk.

I was going to suggest some nice carrots and onions, with maybe some stew meat...but I guess that's not an option for you. I suggest you sell him or give him away, with full disclosure, to someone who can do what they want with him. It's only a matter of time before he hurts someone, either a person or another animal. There are too many nice roosters out there to waste time with a jerk.
True, true.

A lot depends on your tolerance for abuse. These kind of roosters always seem to be constantly mad, IMO, not a great life. I have no tolerance for being abused, and would take care of this.

I would advise giving him away and not asking questions. Once he is not yours, not your responsibility.

This kind of animal can just ruin the fun of having chickens, I think you will be amazed how NICE it is, if he is somewhere else.

Mrs K

A lot depends on your tolerance for abuse. These kind of roosters always seem to be constantly mad, IMO, not a great life. I have no tolerance for being abused, and would take care of this.

I would advise giving him away and not asking questions. Once he is not yours, not your responsibility.

This kind of animal can just ruin the fun of having chickens, I think you will be amazed how NICE it is, if he is somewhere else.

Mrs K
Yes, he is constantly mad. I just wish I could give him some quality of life. More on that later...

Yes, he is constantly mad. I just wish I could give him some quality of life. More on that later...
Yes, what good is his life if he's miserable. And if he finds a new home, he may become a problem for the new hens - causing injury or death to them. I'm facing that dilemma also, but I see it this way: I respect life and I will show my respect for his life by sustaining my family with him as food. The good roos sustain the hens, the good hens provide us life-sustaining eggs, and chicks for future generations, the others provide us sustinance through meat. It's not easy to end the life of an animal I have become fond of, but his is the natural order.

Yes, what good is his life if he's miserable. And if he finds a new home, he may become a problem for the new hens - causing injury or death to them. I'm facing that dilemma also, but I see it this way: I respect life and I will show my respect for his life by sustaining my family with him as food. The good roos sustain the hens, the good hens provide us life-sustaining eggs, and chicks for future generations, the others provide us sustinance through meat. It's not easy to end the life of an animal I have become fond of, but his is the natural order.
I totally agree. You are absolutely right. But I still can't kill anything. 😑

Back
Top Bottom