Comprehensive list of poisonous plants and trees

Pics
I would assume so because people, myself included, use pine shavings and/or pellets but idk. Mine also hang out in the yard and edge of the woods with the dead needles and have gotten fresh pine needles plenty of times before and been fine. They love them btw.

They tend to leave the pine cones alone.

I've never heard of it being an unsafe plant and we are surrounded by pine trees, it's the majority tree atm

Last edited:
Not sure about Englsh Ivy I had some in my run now it is gone but the chickens are fine they must have eaten it as some point. In my prt of Georgia it is every were my yard is full of it. I pull it off the trees but it grows along the grown if I ever free range my girls in the backyard I wounder if I need to worry,

I'm so new to this that my chicks are still in the broader, but reading this list has me worried. I plan to coop/ free range them in my fenced yard. But I have English ivy and now see it is poisonous. Can anyone comment whether this is absolutely deadly, or something they will naturally avoid when there are other yummy things and plenty of feed around?

Wow... pretty much everything in my yard is deadly. They pretty much stay away from it all aside from the occasional nibble though. The only thing out of an entire vegetable and flower garden that's been cleaned was my rabbit eye blueberry bush, they even ate the leaves.

If you read through all the threads of the first couple pages, you will realize this list is largely bunk. Some of the plants are even on other lists as feed for chickens!
Realize also that "toxic" does NOT equate "deadly"; it may just mean there are slight reactions or danger in large amounts.
I have many of these plants in our yard, no ill effects on our chickens. If they have plenty of good food to eat, they usually will not eat the toxic plants.

Back
Top Bottom