Confused about new chick

Jamesriver

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 14, 2014
Lexington, Virginia
I got a black chick from Tractor Supply about 5 weeks ago, it just said straight run and everyone was black. Well, now it has a single comb and it's barred with black and white, mostly white though. My question is, beside Plymouth Rock, what other breed is barred with a single comb? I was thinking it's a Roo, but it's 1/2 the size of my Australorp and Copper Marans chicks of the same age that I know are pullets. Also, it doesn't have pointy hackles or a Roo tail. I'm really confused. Thanks in advance.

Looks like my barred rocks I got from TS. I would say roo also. My BRs were and are small - at least compared to my red sex-link pullets. They are still about the same size as the silkie bantams I brought home the same day. I don't think they are also bantams, but maybe just a slower growing breed. But can't say for sure - this is my first time with the BRs.

I know he's a baby, but is such a gentle bird. I'm moving to a new place and don't know if Roos are allowed, so I think I'll be buying a No Crow Collar. =)

Back
Top Bottom