Whoops, sorry, meant to say the comb on the Lav didn’t look very big haha looks red but not very big is what I meant to say. And @jolenesdad I forgot to ask before but when you say you’re less on the fence about that one now... does that mean you’re leaning more towards boy now? :( I really hope I don’t only end up with one girl. :(
I think welsummer and buff are pullets. EE and Lav orp I’m on the fence and feel like the next couple of weeks will be telling!

Idk, maybe post more pictures in a few more weeks. The cockerels should be hard to miss by then... :hmm

Yeah I think I just need to be patient and wait haha right now I’m checking them a million times/second guessing myself but I’m sure once they’re outside and out of sight they’ll just turn into obvious boys overnight. :lau watched pot and all that... :lau :oops:

The buff is a Cockerel, sorry. The comb size, & leg thickness says it all.

Darn. :(

Though I’ve had pullets with bigger combs much younger so I’m still hoping :lau

Doesn’t matter either way to me though, mostly just curious. I am going to have to rehome the cockerels eventually but I might keep one so I’m keeping them all for a little while longer to be sure haha

Darn. :(

Though I’ve had pullets with bigger combs much younger so I’m still hoping :lau

Doesn’t matter either way to me though, mostly just curious. I am going to have to rehome the cockerels eventually but I might keep one so I’m keeping them all for a little while longer to be sure haha
I have experience with Orpingtons, never had a pullet with a large comb, or thick legs. I'm also able too wing feather sex them.

That would be amazing but I do think I have at least 3 boys because those 3 have been that red since like 3 or 4 weeks old and also the Welsummer is coming in with green and other male coloring. I have a Welsummer female too and she looks way different than that one so I think I have a pair. The RIR and BR could still be though.

With my luck, this is probably it :lau

Thanks!! This is good to know!! I’m going to give them all a chance. I was thinking of possibly keeping a roo so I was gonna keep them all a little while longer anyway. :)

And yeah, they’re in the laundry room but are moving outside soon. I do turn a light on for them in the morning and off at night because there aren’t windows in there. They were upstairs with natural light but moved down there a few weeks ago cause they needed more room. But I’m still making sure they get a schedule. :)

They’re moving outside hopefully this week.

I think I definitely have at least 3. They’re huge and have been very red since like 3 weeks old and of course the Welsummer coming in with male feather coloring.

Even combs that red? They’re only 6 weeks old and were very red even at 3 weeks. But hopefully :fl
I think @chickens really is just saying that comb growth isn’t 100%. (although some of those combs are pretty close to a 90% indicator! )

for sure, like you said, the welsummer is with the black. Females have no black.

I’ve only even had cockerels around this year, so I only speak to generalizations, but, I feel like on 6 weeks olds you can make pretty good assumptions based on the shape/texture/angle of the tail feathers before hackle and sickle feathers come in.

There’s one pic of the lavender from the first set of photos you showed it in that would make me allllmost call it as a boy if it was any breed BUT an Orpington. A few of them it still looks like a total baby pullet body and tail. Lol. They’re sneaky.

on second look I do agree there’s a photo of that buffs combs that is red. But I would get them outside and see if it’s still red. Sometimes it’s about heat that even little pullet combs take on some red color. It’s legs don’t look that big to me?

Back
Top Bottom