Pics
Give it a few weeks before you give up on anyone! I have had chicks I thought were boys that turned out to be girls. Sometimes they are androgynous. With my own EEs, the only way I've been 100% sure is by their color pattern, because all of my boys have had blotchy patterns with extra color on their shoulders at around 4-5 weeks. I'm not an expert, but I'd say there's a chance that EE is a girl, and the BO as well. I'd love to see more pics in a week or two; I bet it will be much more obvious by then.

Also, I have to ask, are they in your pantry inside your house? If so, are you giving them at least 6 hours of light per day, on a schedule?

I see all Pullets and no Cockerels.

That would be amazing but I do think I have at least 3 boys because those 3 have been that red since like 3 or 4 weeks old and also the Welsummer is coming in with green and other male coloring. I have a Welsummer female too and she looks way different than that one so I think I have a pair. The RIR and BR could still be though.

I see only 1 pullet :oops:

With my luck, this is probably it :lau

Give it a few weeks before you give up on anyone! I have had chicks I thought were boys that turned out to be girls. Sometimes they are androgynous. With my own EEs, the only way I've been 100% sure is by their color pattern, because all of my boys have had blotchy patterns with extra color on their shoulders at around 4-5 weeks. I'm not an expert, but I'd say there's a chance that EE is a girl, and the BO as well. I'd love to see more pics in a week or two; I bet it will be much more obvious by then.

Also, I have to ask, are they in your pantry inside your house? If so, are you giving them at least 6 hours of light per day, on a schedule?

Thanks!! This is good to know!! I’m going to give them all a chance. I was thinking of possibly keeping a roo so I was gonna keep them all a little while longer anyway. :)

And yeah, they’re in the laundry room but are moving outside soon. I do turn a light on for them in the morning and off at night because there aren’t windows in there. They were upstairs with natural light but moved down there a few weeks ago cause they needed more room. But I’m still making sure they get a schedule. :)

They’re moving outside hopefully this week.

I think I definitely have at least 3. They’re huge and have been very red since like 3 weeks old and of course the Welsummer coming in with male feather coloring.

Oh...:gig
I see different. I don't see anything showing Cockerel except comb growth on some.

Even combs that red? They’re only 6 weeks old and were very red even at 3 weeks. But hopefully :fl

Back
Top Bottom