I had several chicks this year that had me pulling my hair out trying to guess their gender. :barnie
I got lucky though, they all ended up being pullets. :D

Oh wow that is lucky!! I hope I am that lucky. :lau

I did see a post when I was looking it up from someone a few years ago that had an EE pullet with 3 rows of peas, she was the only one that did, the other two pullets didn’t, but she was definitely a pullet, so maybe I will get lucky. :fl

She was older though I think. This one seems to have a ton of comb for only 6 weeks. :(

But no wattles and female looking coloration so :fl

I see 5 cockerels and 3 pullets. The one to the far left and the two to the far right are pullets.

Thank you!! That’s a relief! Sort of. Glad I have some girls but was not expecting 5 or 6 boys :th

Still hopeful on the Lav and EE because the wattles are non existent. :fl:fl

That’s what I’m hoping too!! They should have bigger wattles by now if they were a boy, right? That’s what I’m hoping anyway. :fl

Gonna be a long couple weeks. :lau

The buff is a Cockerel, sorry. The comb size, & leg thickness says it all.

Darn. :(

Though I’ve had pullets with bigger combs much younger so I’m still hoping :lau

Doesn’t matter either way to me though, mostly just curious. I am going to have to rehome the cockerels eventually but I might keep one so I’m keeping them all for a little while longer to be sure haha

Darn. :(

Though I’ve had pullets with bigger combs much younger so I’m still hoping :lau

Doesn’t matter either way to me though, mostly just curious. I am going to have to rehome the cockerels eventually but I might keep one so I’m keeping them all for a little while longer to be sure haha
I have experience with Orpingtons, never had a pullet with a large comb, or thick legs. I'm also able too wing feather sex them.

Back
Top Bottom