Pics
Sometimes I swear they know what we're thinking! :gig

I swear they do!! I’ve threatened to turn my slackers into stew before too and sure enough, next day they laid :lau

Funny thing is they don’t seem to be able to read the part where I could never actually do that because I’m too attached to them all ;) :p 😂

I’ve been observing lately and it seems the Welsummers, Lav Orp, and EE, have been hanging together a lot lately which is great because those are all the ones I want to keep!! They still all hang out/travel together but I’ve been noticing they’ve been starting to split off a bit more.

I am trying to be patient and not let this make me hate them because I loved them all for a long time, especially because I hatched them myself, but they are really trying my patience now!! As you guys know, lost 2 so have 6 boys and the girl right now. 16 1/2 weeks old.

First of all, they’ve been crowing their little heads off the last couple weeks, especially one. But that’s not so bad. I can deal with that. I expected that.

What I did NOT expect was them ganging up on one of my older hens, chasing her around the yard, pinning her down, and them all pecking at her!! Even when I chased them off they did it again!

To me, it didn’t look like they were trying to mate with her, it looked like they were trying to kill her or something and it was horrific!!

I have a few that I love and am hoping to keep but the rest need to GO! Or at least not be let out with my girls anymore. They sleep in separate coops but have been letting them free range. Never had any problems until today. They mostly stick to themselves. Now they are ganging up on my almost 5 year old EE hen! :mad:

And I know this is probably just normal rooster behavior and I should have known it would come sooner or later but they’ve been perfect little angels and stayed completely separate for so long. I’m thinking it’s only one or two trouble makers instigating though. There is one that’s much more grown up than the rest.

Just posted all the boys on my state thread except the Lav Orp lol gonna keep him and the girl but the others are getting on my nerves :lau

I know they may calm down eventually but I’d rather just rehome them now and be done with it haha

Back
Top Bottom