Consolidated Kansas

Darn right I havent done my duties. Welcome to the several new people. We here happy to have you. Please tell us some basic life details about your birds. You can complain about rain, or you can rave about your cute chicks; we want to know you. Gosip Gosip Gosip
lol.png
No realy it would be cool to know what your plans are; what birds you have and where you are in the fantastic state of Kansas.
Thanks and welcome again!
one of the many Mikes !
cool.png

Quote:
You have personally been a huge source of knowledge for me! I am running my bator exactly like your tip sheet and it has been forever consistent. Without your tips I am sure I would have been adjusting temps and worrying much more. I also used quite a bit of your knowledge to guide my husband crafting the coop;)
I thought I remembered reading you made your own feed as well? Do you sell this too?

Hiya! Wow- I'm so glad I could help!

I do have my feed made at the Perry Mill, and they have my recipes on hand if anyone wants to go get it made. I add UltraKibble to it to complete the formula, which I bring, and I bring spices and some grains and fruits, too. They let me add it in and just mix it with the rest.

I'll put a copy of my recipe up on my BYC page soon.

I do take orders for when I go get it made, so if anyone else wants some, it's all done at once...but that will have to wait a bit, because we've just lost use of our truck. It is not long for this world now.

I'm guessing the tow capacity of an '03 Monte Carlo isn't appropriate for 3/4 ton of feed at a time. Wouldn't fit in my back seat, anyway!

Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Finally! Tell me where you found them: creek? North, south, east or west-facing? Shady or sunny?

I'm new at this and I'm dying to find some, but I'm not sure where to look on the property I'm allowed to search!!

Yeah!!! found someone to take my mean lil banty roo off my hands... thought he was going to be a good one but he attacked the kid - so had to get rid of him, he was also getting mean to me - i'm sure it's cause it's his gf that was broody but we don't tolerate that in this family...

it did make me sad though - we had him over a year - and he was a smart bird..... found someone to give me 5 bucks for him - which is only about 150 less than i put into him... she was in wichita - so he may be going to freezer camp - but i am going to remain in denial and think she has a farm friend in the country that needs a roo abnd it's for the best because he had my kid scared of chickens.... we finally got her to like them again after the last banty got mean to her

so told my oldest on the way home - we need to go by tsc and get some chick grit - so we can get ready to give our babies treats... knowing me she said "you just wanna look at the babies.." yes but i don't need any more i said ... just want some chick therapy...

OMG half price - so just over a buck for pullets - red ones - that i dont really have enough of .... i resisted... and some old man was there buying a bunch of them - with a huge box... i heard them say they go back to regular price tomorrow - but looked like he was going to clean the bin... so i figured he would save me from myself... ummmm he didn't - sooooooooo got 4 of those babies and brought em home - so now i am up to 16 chicks - and 6 hens - 2 roos - and one yet to be determined.,,,,

ENABLERS!!!!!

Quote:
Finally! Tell me where you found them: creek? North, south, east or west-facing? Shady or sunny?

I'm new at this and I'm dying to find some, but I'm not sure where to look on the property I'm allowed to search!!

Ok, they were all in one lil' patch along a very small North-South running creek. It's so hard to describe, we walked at least a half mile of this thing but only found them at this one small spot. Most of them came off the west side but one giant came off the east side, the area was less dense and more grassy than anywhere I've ever found morels before. This was also my first time at the spot, a friend blindfolded me when I got in the truck, I can't say anything else!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I've been to the feed stores dozens of times since the chicks came in, I have no idea how I haven't brought something home yet! Luckily TSC didn't have a bin clearly labeled Delawares or I'da probably emptied it for them.
lol.png

Quote:

Renee,
If you are out looking for them PLEASE DON'T USE A PLASTIC BAG ! please use a onion sack or something of that nature. This way thore spores will drop where ever you walk.
I have found mine this year all were under cedar tree's

Quote:

Renee, I was told a cool trick a few years ago-they shine in the dark, if you go out in a full moon you can see them or shine a flash light-this is not a joke like snipe hunting or anything. When my mother in law passed away, I lost all the land where we use to find them-still cant find a good spot. Ive tried all over Clinton lake area and Lone Star area, I know they have to be there but maybe the deer or bigfoot are beating me to them
tongue.png

I use to find them all along mostly the west side of a creek that ran in Linwood through a few farms, right by the horse auction, I really want some this year-its going on 5 years with none
sad.png

Racecar-I love the bottle of Tank 7 to judge the size of them, now is that the big bottle or those new small 4 pk ones???

Quote:

Ok, they were all in one lil' patch along a very small North-South running creek. It's so hard to describe, we walked at least a half mile of this thing but only found them at this one small spot. Most of them came off the west side but one giant came off the east side, the area was less dense and more grassy than anywhere I've ever found morels before. This was also my first time at the spot, a friend blindfolded me when I got in the truck, I can't say anything else!!!
big_smile.png

Yeah I was always sworn to secretcy when I was taken to places-you never tell a person's spots while they are still living, the people's farm I went to sold it so they dont live there anymore and Im too chicken to ask the new people if I can walk all over their land

Back
Top Bottom