Continually being noisy

Clodill4rel

Songster
Mar 16, 2022
One of my year old hens will not ever be quiet even at night and all day she is continually clucking. She’s been this way since she started laying around 10 months old. Is there something wrong or she is just a clucking vocal hen…. But at night it seems very strange… anyone else have this behavior ? It’s not totally continua’s but ha here n there sounds.

Last edited:
Both of my pullets became extremely vocal the same week they started to lay. And are still pretty vocal. Especially when they are about to lay.
It’s not when she’s laying tho…. It’s just walk-in round all day free rangin cluckin round…..I have roughly 35 and (mist) she’s the only one that does this. I think it’s funny but I just thought I’d ask on here if she was maybe having some issues didn’t know anything about

Being vocal is an individual trait. But hormones play a role, too.

Vocalizing at night indicates she's being stimulated by something. Can she see a porch light or car lights?
Hmmm ok well For sure we have porch lights on bc we don’t have street lights anywhere. They sit about 1/2 acre away from our house she’s sits on top of the coop with a few other ones inside an enclosed metal open coop. I live in the desert so our coops are all very open since it’s very hot here. It may just be her personality which I think it’s funny but I wanted to just ask on here to make sure there wasn’t anything I needed to be concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom