converting a pool area to a coop/run

garyk1398

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 21, 2012
Omaha, Ne
I have an area roughly 19' round and as you can see it is partially "walled" off. I'd really like to convert the walled area into a run and build a coop in the area that isn't. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be great appreciated!
smile.png

I think u could definitely make it work.....If u use the walled spot as the run (which i think u should) u will have to make it higher so they wont get out. But since it is already there u will only have to make fence there half as high.
by the way...welcome to BYC

Oh that is an awesome spot! So many possibilities!! I think putting the coop against the wall would be easier, and making their run in the open part. Just my opinion. I'm pretty sure that whatever you do, you will do it twice, once you and your chicks use it and you find out what works for you. Good luck and keep us posted!! Welcome to BYC!

Very neat, here's what I 'see', a silo or round type coop that you can enter from the upper level, and the run taking the whole circle and below the coop as well. The steps leading down enter the run. Like concentric circles within circles. Some plants and shrubbery complete the look.

This has great potential.

We had an in-ground pool, rectangular, we trucked in clean dirt, then 4 inches of horse manure, and some mulch and another inch of dirt. It makes a great vegetable garden, and periodically I take the chickens over there and let them go crazy.

Back
Top Bottom