Coop Cam

I'm still chuckling at all of us pointing our cameras at our coops rather than at our homes. Much more interesting!

Remember, SOMEONE is always watching.

20171228202931.jpg

:thumbsup Thanks for sharing, I have one IP camera and a separate in house monitoring 4 camera system. Never heard of battery operated ones....now have to get those :wee

Had to have battery powered ones as there is no permanent power to my coop. 3 years ago these were about the only game in town. They have worked great.

Don't know what the big deal with foxes are, here is just one of several that became friends when we lived in BC. Full disclosure, we did not have chickens!:D

View attachment 1221143

He's beautiful! I have nothing against them. If they are in a neighborhood I believe it's safer for all (especially the fox) having animal control relocate them.

Unless your an elephant that has a Lobby built across my trail....

SIERRA Frans Lanting 010739 WB.jpg

ELEPHANT WALKING THROUGH A LOBBY TO ITS FAVORITE MANGO TREE, LUANGWA VALLEY LODGE, ZAMBIA.

This has been an educational topic for me. I'll stop my interrupts and side tracks. It's pretty much how I talk in real life, lol.

%%%%****%*%*%%%%
Edited to clarify in real life but face to or on the phone or texting.....lol
%%%*%*%*%%%%%%%

Now back to the OTopic.......

Last edited:
He's beautiful! I have nothing against them. If they are in a neighborhood I believe it's safer for all (especially the fox) having animal control relocate them.

Unless your an elephant that has a Lobby built across my trail....

View attachment 1221160

ELEPHANT WALKING THROUGH A LOBBY TO ITS FAVORITE MANGO TREE, LUANGWA VALLEY LODGE, ZAMBIA.

This has been an educational topic for me. I'll stop my interrupts and side tracks. It's pretty much how I talk in real life, lol.

Now back to the OTopic.......
What! This isn't real life??:lol:

I have been on this site for days trying to get some information on coop cams but really didn't find what I needed (or maybe was just looking in the wrong place.)

I am looking to install a couple cameras to watch my chickens when I am not at home or just to see what they are up to. I know many people do have coop cams but was wondering which ones they use. I am hoping for something inexpensive or reasonable, wireless and battery operated if possible. Also, if I can stream it on the phone it would be even better!

Can I get some suggestions or brands and prices or what you guys use? I did find some suggestions but they were quite pricey and I have not made the decision to pay that much money yet.

As always thanks in advance.

Dear lissalischicks,
I think I spelled that right, I am not sure about the live streaming part that is probably where the bigger expense comes in and I am not sure what types anyone uses but I wanted for you to have someone reply, so here I Am replying..lol! If I were looking for what you are I would look for it to be solar panel powered and make it something similar to like small businesses have that aren't that expensive and some you can get to stream through your computer and/or you may want motion sensing, SO you can save battery if need to, but if you want live stream you would probably go through either something like a YouTube channel or fb page, But if I were looking for cameras i would check Amazon and then the wish app. and THEy do have security With just the one camera instead of many Ane that can be Cheaper!!! They even have baby monitors now that video and stream either to your phone or to another monitor so there is that route also if you're mostly just wanting it while you are home!
I think for you To View like anytime from anywhere that is going to require some kind of Web Type set Up like I Was saying either through one of those websites or for you to set something up maybe like a wix website but I'm not into setting up my own website for this or that vlog or blog or whatever so I have not really looked into how much it costs of anything like that, you know the first whatever how much one uses might not cost but then anything over that is a amount $$$! But some of these, like the baby monitor but that would probably be electrical and check the distance between monitors may have some web streaming base and only you see yours by entering your info kind of thing but of course that can be hacked and people can watch everything the camera sees including you while you are feeding and your routines as far as that goes and even when you're logging on and off so I wouldn't be too crazy about that kind of streaming, if it can be used by some bad guy! The really bad thing is that most of the hacking and scaring by hacking whether it is for theft of to just scare most of it is done by the C I A & the like so we will all buy the security crap which of course needs upgraded because this of tech or that tech, but THere are those times where it Is not the gov, BUt instead the bad guy!!! We just never know!!! So No Matter WHAt yOu decide Please BE Careful!!!! All OF MY LOVE & THE Love And Grace of Our LORD ALMIGHTY to You & ALL Of Yours Today AND for Always!!!!

Back
Top Bottom