Coop Cam

If you are looking for customer support, I can not speak highly enough of the folks at www.AyrStone.com. They are starting into the camera/router business to go along with their existing wifi hub. They are in the country, and you talk to real people. They have been there at every step that I needed them. I use their 'Hub' for broadcasting a wifi signal over several acres. You will have to specifically email them about cameras/routers as they are not listed on their site yet. And no, I am not a reseller for their products. Just telling you honestly of the fine customer support I have experienced. A little more pricey than most of what can be had. But worth it in my opinion. I am using Foscam cameras with their equipment and they still walked me through configuring the cameras - that were not their product. I did it all with a MAC.

I'll be posting on my little blog tonight about my experience with these folks. You might want to check that out tomorrow.
Hope this helps.

thanks sab.
smile.png

I have a broody hen [a Production Rhode Island Red] on one of my WebCams [now 9 of them]. She has been broody since 04/07 or 04/08. I expect baby chicks o/a 04/28. She is in a single large nesting box. The other pullets [until 05/26] come & go, as well as lay eggs that are not put in the clutch. Interesting.

Thanks!

Jim

Last edited:
I want to put a camera in my run...Wired or wireless does not matter...usb/network or ??? does not matter either. I can get power and all cables to it pretty easily so just want a decent camera for family and friends to see. The brooder one was easy because I just a webcam and it was done....Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had a spare Apple Extreme wireless modem so I set it up in our barn to Extend our home network. I purchased a Dropcam wireless HD camera with 2-way audio and infrared. Here is a screen who from their first night no camera and only second night in their new coop. I'll be posting some new coop photos in the next couple of days. :)

I have one too...it is a dlink from staples. It is nice to check in on them via my phone while at work. I also have one on my dogs and alpacas!

What was the range on that extended signal? How far is the barn from the house?
The barn is about 30-35 yards from the house. I had a signal in the barn from the Apple Extreme network in the house but it was not strong enough for the Dropcam to connect consistently. But it was plenty strong for the second Airport Extreme (earlier version that I replaced on our home network) to pick up and extend the signal down to the barn. So now we have a full strength signal throughout the property.

Back
Top Bottom