Coop Contest 2010 - Win $20 BYC Store Gift Cert. Ended 9/12/2010

Quote:
You should be very proud of yourself/selves. Designing it to match your house was a good touch.
I know you don't need me to remind you but, speaking from experience, keep an eye on the toxicity of flowers/plantings you install. Wisteria can prove toxic and, depending on your climate, very invasive, as well.
You have a beautiful set up. Your ladies should be proudly repaying you.
Looking forward to seeing updates.

57167_wildflowers_2.jpg

Please check out my page for all of the details!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=57167

Montana Sandy - Great job on the coop! It's very cool that everything matches the house. We as well are new to the chicken world and having an absolute ball watching/building/learning all about these chicks. Again - Great Job!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am hoping I did this right. I wanted to comment on the coop by tylermckee. That is exactly what we are looking for. Did you draw up your own plans or did you use plans from a book or website? We want to get this started next weekend and I took a month to figure out what we wanted. Then I saw yours and was able to give my husband a perfect picture of it. If you have plans, can you tell me where you got them?

Thank you.

Urk-ah-urk-ah-urr' :

Quote:
Simplicity, itself. Good job/concept.
Did you use anchors in the corners?
Here, in Dallas, this rascal would end up a "freebee" in my neighbor's yard.
:?)

I didn't anchor the corners because it ended up being pretty heavy but you could hold it down with rebar bent into a u shape.​

Hi,
I have 16 hens,4 bardrocks,5 buff orp,and 7 road island reds.Here in Arizona you can not openly free range,not much for predidtors
to eat in the desert.
My fenced (double and overhead fenced)chicken run is 18'long/8'wide/6'tall with a coop on 2' legs measuring 8'long/4'wide/4'tall in
the corner of the run with 6 nest boxes hanging on the side w/lids.
Growing up in the midwest as a kid i made spending money cleaning the neighbors chicken house's.My coop was going to be self
cleaning.I started with a 4'x8' pallet floor with 2' 4x4 legs and attached chicken wire on top of pallet,so the droppings fall thru to the
ground.when I built the walls i lined with chicken wire so i could open up 2 side walls on hinges equalling shade and air for summer,
and fully closed for winter.
My girls also make my garden soil.I feed them alfafa hay once a week which they scratch into the soil,I also turn soil continiously
so they have access to nutrients.Along with a mixture of layer pellets,performance granles,oyster shells,ground up egg shells,a feed
mixture called Game Cock Food and food scraps every day ,I'd say they eat pretty good.

My chick come breeding house - does this count? Dual purpose, can be split inside and outside (when I get the fencing finished)

5' by 3' base, hinged lid for cleaning, will put hinged back on too. The doors are raised by pulling the blue lines and are to be tied off on fence posts.

56402_p1000111.jpg

nice coop!! are you going to make a page for it?
I would love to see more.

Keep the great coops coming.

Back
Top Bottom