Coop Repost...

AmericanCrier

Hatching
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Here is my coop and construction...

www.gavannafamilyfarms.com

Chickens are still doing well - more eggs than we know what to do with - red stars are great birds - going to do a "refresh" soon and expand the run and completely enclose everything to keep the hawks out...

Wonderful! Great looking coop/chickens and family! I know I have enjoyed my journey so far with chickens and ducks, you say you are thinking about adding a pig, I am thinking goats!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting the link. Beautiful coop & place you have. I can sympathize with the "oops...this is taking longer than expected" feeling. Ours are 7 weeks old now and our coop is nearly there, but I would love for it to be done today. Probably not going to happen. A master cylinder brake replacement on the truck will become priority one for a bit. Anyhoo, thanks for sharing your lovely pictures and experience. It was great to see!
smile.png

Looks great!! I like the ladder style roosts- I plan on doing that! My coop is STILL not done yet, but at least I have an empty horse stall I put everyone in during the day. It looks like you could easily solve the flying over by just adding another row of welded wire to the top of those posts. You could have a Dutch door, by just building another swinging gate above the one you have now.

Looks great! I really enjoyed the piano music you had on your site too, soothing to the soul on this nice quiet morning, coffee in hand.
smile.png

The pictures are awesome! I love the "butt crack" picture. I catch my hubby in that position alot when working on projects and it always makes me giggle. I especially like your rooster! He sure is handsome!!

Owning chickens is a moderate daily responsibility. I am better for it. My family is better for it. I would do it again. The reward is far greater than a dozen eggs a day. Life is a collection of memories. This has been a good experience for all.

For those of you considering going down this path, then the fact you are considering it is justification enough: just do it.

Aw, that warmed my heart cockles.
And it is a brave man who posts a pic of his plumber's best ass-et. Brava!

Great job. Excellent home, and your pics from start to finish were great.​

Back
Top Bottom