Corn and Soy free......?

I have no problem feeding and eating GMO foods.
Pick any food and I'll find a site that will say it will kill you.
So if you want to go by all the "studies" you will starve to death.

pop.gif

Wow, have not been on here for a long time... Good to see some familiar folks..

I personally am opposed to GMO's for a multitude of reasons.. I do feed some organic corn and soy, however, I strongly believe variety is the key to health. I question any mix based on corn, soy and mineral pack... Mix it up, use several protein sources... Gotta love those field peas!

Wow, have not been on here for a long time... Good to see some familiar folks..

I personally am opposed to GMO's for a multitude of reasons.. I do feed some organic corn and soy, however, I strongly believe variety is the key to health. I question any mix based on corn, soy and mineral pack... Mix it up, use several protein sources... Gotta love those field peas!

Hi Organics North!
frow.gif
big_smile.png

Quote: My point being that it doesn't have to be a GMO crop in order to use a herbicide (Glyphosate) on the field.

Chris
True, however, GMO crops increase exponentially the amount of glyphosate applied, since the crops are resistant they apply more than they otherwise would. Additionally, this has caused resistance in weeds such that even more glyphosate must be applied to combat them, and now some are totally resistant. Which is why, if you google it, you'll see the USDA is about to fast track a new gmo soy, resistant to 2,4-D. It is a vicious cycle.

I have not read all the posts but one thing to keep in mind is that processed pelleted feed contains very little real corn. It is mostly distilled mash from alcohol production. Most of our corn is exported and used in fuel. Most feed corn is from south america. FYI according to my feed supplier.

I have not read all the posts but one thing to keep in mind is that processed pelleted feed contains very little real corn. It is mostly distilled mash from alcohol production. Most of our corn is exported and used in fuel. Most feed corn is from south america. FYI according to my feed supplier.

Your Feed Supplier is full of hot air.

While there are some livestock producers that may be using high levels of DDGS in their rations, but the feeds that the average person feeds to their livestock still contain corn and soybean meal.

The comment that most corn comes from South America is pure fallacy.

Jim

Read the reuters article you linked, then read what you posted..." Most feed corn is from south america. FYI according to my feed supplier."

The reuters article does not say that at all..
wink.png

Yes, a wake up call, that like with most everything, some other country can do it cheaper. Same goes for corn.. Heck we already subsidize US corn producers way to much...

We are not going to win the race to the bottom for the cheapest goods.... This is why some of us have left that game, and are interested in higher quality instead of cheap quantity.

Back
Top Bottom