Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Trees have snapped around us and power poles down. I lost power again about 5 minutes ago and had to reboot the modem. There was a tornado warning east of us. The rain has almost stopped but it was horrendous.
Video just came on the news of a gas station about 8 miles from me that lost its roof. Stationary cameras all around the area have been lost.
Just heard, the tornado warning was cancelled but it was east of me and moving away.

Not too bad. 22,000 without power on this side of the river and 10,000 across the river. Mostly trees falling on power lines. It is almost all over in Illinois now.
I guess I'll keep power on unless another wave comes through. The next bands don't look to be nearly as strong.
Glad it's moved on and you are ok!

Sorry MROO and all those east of the system. It looks nasty!
Does it bother anyone that, starting today, hospitals have been ordered not to send their covid 19 data to the CDC but directly to a clearing house in the White House? Is this an attempt to hide the surge?
I saw that and it bothers me!

I do wonder though how that might be enforced and how many hospitals with give a big fat :tongue to the WH because of possible hipaa rule violations.

He's a troll. Don't feed it.
Name calling?

Well, I'll have you know I am an esteemed member of the BYC forum, a quasi homesteader, a certified Master Gardener, a bonafide chicken wrangler and a 43 year tax paying citizen of the United States of America.

Just because I believe that the reaction of the media and powers to be regarding COVID are different than yours doesn't make me a "troll".

And thats the fact jack!

Curious. Do you understand what a global pandemic is?
It is a deadly pervasive disease that is prevalent over a whole country or the world. This one is prevalent over the entire world, far worse than any in the last century and we are only in the third inning of a nine inning game. We may end up in extra innings. That means we still have a couple years to go.
Since nothing like this has happened in your lifetime, you are forgiven for not understanding.

You must live somewhere with minimal outbreaks. Apparently you don't know anyone who has died or is intubated.
Yes, I understand what the term "global pandemic" means. And for the record, COVID19 is NOT the worst that this world has seen in the last century. You should know that.

Yes, I do live in a place with minimal outbreaks and no I do not know anyone who has died from COVID19 or anyone who is intubated die to COVID19.

I also do not believe that the statistics of the media are anywhere close to true.

And for many of you to villify me for my different views is very intolerant don't you think?

Does it bother anyone that, starting today, hospitals have been ordered not to send their covid 19 data to the CDC but directly to a clearing house in the White House? Is this an attempt to hide the surge?
Holy Toledo this is so unethical!

I also do not believe that the statistics of the media are anywhere close to true.

For anyone who is unaware, Johns Hopkins University has an excellent interactive map with a vast amount of data for anyone to see. They also have a Coronavirus resource center for information and recommendations.
Right now -
Global cases- 13,512,619
US cases-3,495,536

Last I checked Johns Hopkins wasn't known for pushing bogus medical information, so, no media needed to get accurate info.

JHU Interactive map

JHU resource home

1594868191524.png

Last edited:
For anyone who is unaware, Johns Hopkins University has an excellent interactive map with a vast amount of data for anyone to see. They also have a Coronavirus resource center for information and recommendations.
Right now -
Global cases- 13,512,619
US cases-3,495,536

Last I checked Johns Hopkins wasn't known for pushing bogus medical information, so, no media needed to get accurate info.

JHU Interactive map

JHU resource home

View attachment 2245880
Follow the money.

How much is the Federal Government paying hospitals/universities per person who is diagnosed with COVID19?

And how much is the Fed paying these hospitals and universities per COVID19 death?

Also, how many deaths are truly caused by COVID19 and not an underlying condition?

I'm sorry, I still am not buying that COVID19 is this horrible apocolyptical killer.

BUT, due to the reactions by tax payer funded employees, COVID19 will go down as a true Economic Killer

I'm not sure that you understood @Kiki 's post. Only 800 deaths in Houston related to COVID19.
No real point to the following...just putting it out there.

I'm not sure if you all understand how big my city is but it's huge.

I don't know one person that has gotten sick, tested positive or has died.
Not one.
Not even a friend of a friend of a friend.

My city went on lockdown for God knows how long. That was lifted.

Then we were required to wear masks in public for a while.
That went away.

Partial lockdown.
Masks required again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom