Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Follow the money.

How much is the Federal Government paying hospitals/universities per person who is diagnosed with COVID19?

And how much is the Fed paying these hospitals and universities per COVID19 death?

Also, how many deaths are truly caused by COVID19 and not an underlying condition?

I'm sorry, I still am not buying that COVID19 is this horrible apocolyptical killer.

BUT, due to the reactions by tax payer funded employees, COVID19 will go down as a true Economic Killer
Ah, I see.
I'm not sure that you understood @Kiki 's post. Only 800 deaths in Houston related to COVID19.
I can read.
Only 800. Like, you know...that's not very many deaths in one city huh?

I have been to Houston, and yes, it is a big city! 2.3 million give or take. But given the rate of recent changes I would expect those death numbers to rise down the road unfortunately. Covid is not a quick killer.

My belief is this: COVID-19 is not an extremely deadly, horrifying sickness like some people think that it is. It can kill, but it won't necessarily kill.
I do, however, take it seriously. I wear masks, and I try to maintain social distancing. Not really out of concern for myself -- though that is part of it -- but out of concern for others. I'm a healthy person -- I have diabetes, yes, but I take care of it and am in good health. If I catch COVID-19, chances are pretty darned good that I won't die from it.
However, just because I won't die from it doesn't mean that that nice employee who directed me to the aisle with the gravy mix won't. The woman who scooted past me to get to the bathroom might have asthma. Perhaps the little girl in the pew in front of me has an immune system issue.
I'm safe, but others aren't.
I don't freak out about it, and I think that some people might be overreacting about it, but I do take it seriously. I want to do what I can to avoid spreading it to the people around me, should I have it, and I will wear masks and keep a six-foot distance.
I do wish that the churches would open normally, though....
Anyway, this is just how I see it.
Please stay safe, everyone. I wish you all good health and safety.

At the hospital I work at we were told yesterday that if we travel outside a 100 mile radius of our town that we would have to be tested before returning to work and then again 7 days later. The cases here still remain low but are also rising. Considering we only have about 4500 people in our entire county it won't take to many to be considered a hot spot.

My belief is this: COVID-19 is not an extremely deadly, horrifying sickness like some people think that it is. It can kill, but it won't necessarily kill.
I do, however, take it seriously. I wear masks, and I try to maintain social distancing. Not really out of concern for myself -- though that is part of it -- but out of concern for others. I'm a healthy person -- I have diabetes, yes, but I take care of it and am in good health. If I catch COVID-19, chances are pretty darned good that I won't die from it.
However, just because I won't die from it doesn't mean that that nice employee who directed me to the aisle with the gravy mix won't. The woman who scooted past me to get to the bathroom might have asthma. Perhaps the little girl in the pew in front of me has an immune system issue.
I don't freak out about it, and I think that some people might be overreacting about it, but I do take it seriously. I want to do what I can to avoid spreading it to the people around me, should I have it, and I will wear masks and keep a six-foot distance.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

Below is a link to the Federal Government's COVID-19 Guidance for Hospital Reporting and FAQsFor Hospitals, Hospital Laboratory, and Acute Care etc...

From this report, no where does it state to Bypass the CDC. But because it is a piece of red tape bureaucracy I don't really know what to believe. But I do not believe 100% of what most news media sources are reporting

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/f...ratory-acute-care-facility-data-reporting.pdf

Below is a link to the Federal Government's COVID-19 Guidance for Hospital Reporting and FAQsFor Hospitals, Hospital Laboratory, and Acute Care etc...

From this report, no where does it state to Bypass the CDC. But because it is a piece of red tape bureaucracy I don't really know what to believe. But I do not believe 100% of what most news media sources are reporting

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/f...ratory-acute-care-facility-data-reporting.pdf
My apologies, I had said page 9 on my post above; it's actually page 10. That PDF is exactly what was linked in the CBS article, and the PDF is what a lot of the news sources I posted are citing. You're right; the CDC isn't explicitly named, but this is the part that's alarming from the report:

Capture.PNG

The National Healthcare Safety Network site is managed by the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/index.html Thus, when the report says "Don't report to the National Healthcare Safety Network", and in section 2 they only give directions on reporting to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) or 3rd party to HHS, you end up with the CDC getting bypassed entirely.

Name calling?

Well, I'll have you know I am an esteemed member of the BYC forum, a quasi homesteader, a certified Master Gardener, a bonafide chicken wrangler and a 43 year tax paying citizen of the United States of America.

Just because I believe that the reaction of the media and powers to be regarding COVID are different than yours doesn't make me a "troll".

And thats the fact jack!

Not name-calling, not villifying, and not intended as an insult ... just proper identification of common Internet behavior using proper Internet terminology.

It fits. And THAT'S the fact, jack!

https://www.howtogeek.com/465416/wh...ernet troll is someone,can come in many forms.

Here in NY we aggressively self quarantined and wear masks. The death count and case numbers spiked horribly. Now we are trying to reopen carefully, and the rest of the country now has the same problem starting up for them. Some in NY have had enough of the lockdown and don't wear masks as they should and I fear this will prolong the madness of this disease.

Back
Top Bottom