Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Hey y'all. Not responding to anything currently being discussed here right now, just want to thank you all for being here and tell you all how much I appreciate you and how important you all are to me. Like others who have said so, you are my social life, and not just because of Covid-19. We live a pretty isolated life anyway. We have no near neighbors and don't socialize much except for church, which is now closed. I did freak out a bit when this first started, but I come here and hang out, and just knowing we are all in this together and everybody is coping in their own way is a comfort to me. My prayers are with you all, especially those who are most at risk. It's so nice to belong to a community I can still be a part of in spite of "social isolation!" Love one another, take care and stay well.

:hugs:hugs:hugs

*sigh* I want to reassure you and say it'll get better once they restock, but not if people are buying every last scrap of anything they see...

I think it’s also because a lot of people usually eat out instead of cook at home so more people are buying food as well as people buying in bulk when they should be considerate of others.

They were just testing MREs when I was on active duty. I remember C Rats. Aah! Green eggs and ham for real. And the chocolate wafers very yummy. 🍫. OMG! They just added more emojis on IPhones; 😷🤧🧻
My stomach hurt just reading that, were C Rats ever fresh? But the early "hot dog" MREs weren't much better. Fortunately, they soon made classics like beef ravioli, we used that like currency, same with the jalapeno cheese packs.

My kids are bored, silly - so I just came up with a challenge for them. Tomorrow's meals are totally on them. They have free rein on whatever is in the pantry, fridge or freezer and they can use any method they want for cooking, but all ingredients and tools MUST be already on hand. No purchases or borrowing from neighbors. I really thought they'd balk, but holy cow, they're really INTO it! DS is pushing for a campfire and the dutch oven, DD wants fried ... tomorrow oughta VERY be interesting!

Hey y'all. Not responding to anything currently being discussed here right now, just want to thank you all for being here and tell you all how much I appreciate you and how important you all are to me. Like others who have said so, you are my social life, and not just because of Covid-19. We live a pretty isolated life anyway. We have no near neighbors and don't socialize much except for church, which is now closed. I did freak out a bit when this first started, but I come here and hang out, and just knowing we are all in this together and everybody is coping in their own way is a comfort to me. My prayers are with you all, especially those who are most at risk. It's so nice to belong to a community I can still be a part of in spite of "social isolation!" Love one another, take care and stay well.
That's why I sometimes like technology because I can communicate with people all around the world and not have to leave isolation or house arrest as I call it. Take care of yourself :hugs

Thank you, your family, and your husband's brother, for their sacrifice. :hugs

Edit: inserted word.
Unfortunately I never got to meet him. He was always overseas. I've known my husband's family a very long time before we even started dating. His father served too. He is no longer here either due to cancer.

My husband thanks every veteran he sees for their service, it's something I've always admired about him.

I so agree with you!

Hope everyone is holding out. My husband is a smart (you know what) I asked him to get me some vegan chips and he decided to buy every one he could find 😂 it made me smile and the people working at the local store were laughing at him when he said what he was doing.

He always finds a way to help me through rough times.

IMG_20200320_135735.jpg

Back
Top Bottom