Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

hubby's hip replacement scheduled for Monday because his Covid test was positive!!! he has no symptoms. now we wait 10 days, re-test, and if negative we start the whole pre-op process. What a disaster!
Sorry to hear this. I hope he and you stay symptom free. You could ask your doctor about the IMASK+ protocol for exposure. Flccc.net

hubby's hip replacement scheduled for Monday because his Covid test was positive!!! he has no symptoms. now we wait 10 days, re-test, and if negative we start the whole pre-op process. What a disaster!
Wow, that must be so disappointing. I hope he continues to have no symptoms and gets that negative test as soon as possible.

The medical world is a complex world but it's become VERY complex with covid. Not just for the patients but for Drs and nurses as well.
My husband had surgery on Thurs & they told us the day in advance but can't make their schedule till the afternoon before because of all the emergencies coming in. 6 PM they called and said his appointment is 7 AM the next day- we had an hours drive. 7 PM he had a kidney stone attack. He rolled around in his seat for the hours drive to the ER. Was released at 12:30 and checked into a hotel till 6:00 ... Then back to the hospital for surgery. They had phones in the waiting room for the Drs to call the family to update after surgery. He never talked to my husband after surgery. Sitting there all day made me realize ALL the extra work covid makes for the hospitals.
I wish your husband a safe and successful procedure. The Drs and nurses have been AWESOME to us through all this!

So very sorry for all of it cheep teach! Does your husband have any idea what's happening to him?

Do the medical professionals have any special advice for how to keep your self isolated from the virus while you're caring for him? I doubt his orthopedist would be the one to ask but perhaps he/she could direct you to a gerontologist.

he is 100% aware, and 100% convinced he had a false positive. My feeling is, if I was going to get it from him I'd have it by now. My test results will be available Sunday or Monday. He is splitting wood right now! he has hip pain, walks with a cane, and is frustrated he has to wait for a new test and then begin the surgery scheduling process all over again. Dr is 1 hr away. I will isolate with him and begin disinfecting the house room by room

Back
Top Bottom