Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Having trouble finding that legal classification? All I can find is "injectable medical product" which includes everything from flu vaccines to epi pens. So it seems natural they'd be classified there.

Aart is plenty respectful. I've suggested already that not only do I not mind but it's more disruptive to spend so much time critiquing a joke. Given that it's my spelling being called out and made at my expense the feelings that matter here are mine. People are allowed to set their own boundaries and ought be capable of saying when something upsets them and aart has not upset me and I don't need someone defending boundaries I don't have.
I'm making a statement for decorum and etiquette not defending anyone.

More information on the medical device issue. There is an optional microchip that can be used *on the label* of the vaccine, not IN the vaccine fluid itself, that can be used to track where the vaccinations are distributed, and monitor expiration dates, to help better manage inventory. The use of these RFID microchips for inventory purposes is common and used for many products. However, there are conspiracy theorists who believe the microchip actually gets injected into your body and is used to track individuals who receive the vaccine. That is FALSE.

The US has not yet chosen to implement these type of labels but it is an option that is out there. More info available here.

As an aside, the same people who believe Bill Gates put a microchip in the vaccines in order to track people most likely walk around everywhere with their smartphone with location enabled. Just sayin.
Naw most of the ones I know turned location off years ago, if they have a smartphone. They use browsers like duckduckgoose that doesn't track much activity too.

The fact is that our language is deteriorating when even people in national media savage grammar, vocabulary and usage on a regular basis. It's also true that there are those of us who would rather be corrected and learn something than continue embarrassing ourselves by repeating mistakes.

I don't correct often. A handful of times since my days on GEnie. When I do, I make every attempt to do it privately and diplomatically. There's no point whatsoever in pointing out typos but sometimes there are common expressions that are clearly misunderstood (wish I could remember one that happened here in the last 6 months) and it can be instructive, I believe, to point out the origin and how it explains the confused homonyms involved.

Anyway, thems my thoughts.

EDITED TO ADD: When I posted this it was because I thought Chocolate Mouse was being harassed over something that didn't amount to a hill of beans. Unfortunately, I quoted aart without realizing that I did. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was dumping on aart in any way. That was certainly not my intention.

But I still think the English language is worth making an effort to use carefully and correctly. Just as much as I applaud the use of manners.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom