Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

But if people lie, your protected/vaccinated right so your protected!

I agree, this whole pandemic has allowed me some more quality time with my kids. Now I will say remote learning was for the birds and my younger kids have learned a ton more already while being back in school for the past month or so.
Even fully vaccinated you are still at risk of getting sick. Just like flu shots you are not 100% protected. You can still get the virus but it’s likely much less severe. I am near 70 and have pre-existing health issues so I’m still at risk from any type of virus. When I get a simple cold it frequently turns into bronchitis. So I have learned to be careful way before COVID. I haven’t had any respiratory illness since February 2020. So I will continue to social distance as much as possible and will keep my mask handy.

Even fully vaccinated you are still at risk of getting sick. Just like flu shots you are not 100% protected. You can still get the virus but it’s likely much less severe. I am near 70 and have pre-existing health issues so I’m still at risk from any type of virus. When I get a simple cold it frequently turns into bronchitis. So I have learned to be careful way before COVID. I haven’t had any respiratory illness since February 2020. So I will continue to social distance as much as possible and will keep my mask handy.

That makes a TON of sense for your particular situation and given history. Kudos to you :)

I trust the vaccine, believe it's safe and effective. Why I will not worry about a mask but no prob if others do to each their own. I'll still wear it where required but now with many not requiring a mask I'll go free, I trust the vaccine.
Not worried about variants either, the vaccines have proven to be safe and effective for any that have popped up so far. Not worried about those that haven't been vaccinated either because I have and if they haven't no concern of mine.
We don't worry about polio, a very deadly debilitating disease that some don't get vaccinated for and we don't worry or ask or require proof of vaccination. Why don't we worry? Because we have been vaccinated.

Went into Hannaford for the first time since this crap started because they dropped the masks. NY is a "only if vaccinated " BS. No way would I get the Vax, but I'm going into stores maskless. I'm no more a threat then someone who is vaccinated, as they can spread the virus just as easily as I can.

Went into Hannaford for the first time since this crap started because they dropped the masks. NY is a "only if vaccinated " BS. No way would I get the Vax, but I'm going into stores maskless. I'm no more a threat then someone who is vaccinated, as they can spread the virus just as easily as I can.
Not true. Vaccinated people can pass the virus. But the vaccines do help against spreading. logical. If some doesn’t get very sick, he carries less virus’s, and will spread the disease less.

Scientific proof is not available but studies with monkeys have proven this. And soon the first human studies (Israel) will be published to proof that they do help.

dutch source; https://www.rtvnoord.nl/nieuws/780277/Uitleg-ben-je-nog-besmettelijk-na-een-vaccinatie-tegen-corona

Back
Top Bottom