Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Meanwhile, as of yesterday, the CDC recommends a ninth shot for those who have followed their recommendations for the past three years. Source

"An additional dose of the updated COVID-19 vaccine may restore protection that has waned since a fall vaccine dose, providing increased protection to adults ages 65 years and older." Link to where the CDC says this. Although the bolding in mine

Source

Meanwhile, as of yesterday, the CDC recommends a ninth shot for those who have followed their recommendations for the past three years. Source

"An additional dose of the updated COVID-19 vaccine may restore protection that has waned since a fall vaccine dose, providing increased protection to adults ages 65 years and older." Link to where the CDC says this. Although the bolding in mine

Source
Originally it was supposed to be one shot, then two, then one booster...

...ad infinitum.

I just heard on the news that the CDC is now saying you don't have to quarantine for 5 days if you have covid. I'll see if I can find the article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...dc-covid-isolation-recommendations/index.html

If you don't like cnn don't worry. Multiple news outlets reporting this. It was just the first I clicked on.
I lot of (electronic) ink is being spilled about the 5 day quarantine.
I believe this is because of the natural evolution of the disease. Most every new infection begins as something heinous and over time becomes more benign.
I was "Covid nurse" from day one in the ICU, ED and stepdown units and can tell you that what exist now is nothing like what it started as.
Having said that, I believe the whole thing was criminally mismanaged at every level.

I believe this is because of the natural evolution of the disease. Most every new infection begins as something heinous and over time becomes more benign.
I was "Covid nurse" from day one in the ICU, ED and stepdown units and can tell you that what exist now is nothing like what it started as.
Having said that, I believe the whole thing was criminally mismanaged at every level.
I agree

No arguments here.

We all keep our own score card. Four friends dead and one with long Covid, 3 family members dead - all early cases and all non vaccinated. The Princess and I have been vaccinated and boostered. Yes, we did get Covid after a plane trip to Hawaii as did other vaccinated family members. Our symptoms were mild and relatively short lived. :idunno Do what works for you has always been my philosophy.

We all keep our own score card. Four friends dead and one with long Covid, 3 family members dead - all early cases and all non vaccinated. The Princess and I have been vaccinated and boostered. Yes, we did get Covid after a plane trip to Hawaii as did other vaccinated family members. Our symptoms were mild and relatively short lived. :idunno Do what works for you has always been my philosophy.
Sorry for your losses. Personally I don’t know anyone that passed from Covid.

Back
Top Bottom