Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Well my school district is going to start our 4th quarter for the kids next Monday, they are calling it continuity learning. Teacher must set two hours a day to be able to answer questions and talk to parents/students. Support staff must assist with helping students. (That’s me not sure what that will look like. Zoom mtg with our principal and assistants and special education teachers and director tomorrow. )
So what do kids without internet service do?

So what do kids without internet service do?
I think they will be either having parents go to the school to pick it up or mailing it. They also have free meal sites they may give it to them there. I don't think a full decision has been made on thet yet.. this week is a planning and finalizing week before it starts.

Good morning all. Just checked the mass.gov website: 4955 cases of coronavirus and 48 deaths. I keep hearing that the peak should be coming in about 2 to 3 weeks. I haven't been to the store since last Tuesday and wasn't planning on another until next week, however, I may go out tomorrow. The confirmed cases in my county are still on the lower side so I'm thinking make a grocery store run tomorrow and hopefully get the few more things I need to cover me for another month. I'm still amazed that you can't find meat in your area @FortCluck. Last week when I went to two different grocery stores there was plenty of meat. There were some good prices on whole chickens as well as other meat products. Have you tried local farmers who sell their own farm raised meat? I know they cost a bit more, but the meat is usually top quality. If it's only Walmart you're checking, then perhaps find another store. Just saying. I am a gardener, have been for over 40 years. In an effort to get a jump start on spring I put in a small hoop garden bed. That should be ready to plant with cold crops such as lettuce, cabbage and radishes within a week. Also just about ready to plant peas. I still have a lot of home canned produce from last year's garden, including my favorite pickles and jams. I'm not saying everybody should be a gardener, but if you have any space at all it's not a bad idea. You can grow vegetable plants vertically to save space and then there are the "topsy-turvy" grow bags that really do work. Just a thought. Have a great day everyone. Stay healthy and try to take a walk if that's possible. :frow

Good morning all. Just checked the mass.gov website: 4955 cases of coronavirus and 48 deaths. I keep hearing that the peak should be coming in about 2 to 3 weeks. I haven't been to the store since last Tuesday and wasn't planning on another until next week, however, I may go out tomorrow. The confirmed cases in my county are still on the lower side so I'm thinking make a grocery store run tomorrow and hopefully get the few more things I need to cover me for another month. I'm still amazed that you can't find meat in your area @FortCluck. Last week when I went to two different grocery stores there was plenty of meat. There were some good prices on whole chickens as well as other meat products. Have you tried local farmers who sell their own farm raised meat? I know they cost a bit more, but the meat is usually top quality. If it's only Walmart you're checking, then perhaps find another store. Just saying. I am a gardener, have been for over 40 years. In an effort to get a jump start on spring I put in a small hoop garden bed. That should be ready to plant with cold crops such as lettuce, cabbage and radishes within a week. Also just about ready to plant peas. I still have a lot of home canned produce from last year's garden, including my favorite pickles and jams. I'm not saying everybody should be a gardener, but if you have any space at all it's not a bad idea. You can grow vegetable plants vertically to save space and then there are the "topsy-turvy" grow bags that really do work. Just a thought. Have a great day everyone. Stay healthy and try to take a walk if that's possible. :frow
The only meat we have been able to find is ham steaks, ground sausage, and pork loin... It's not really meats my family likes but they haven't been complaining about it since I make really good sides with them.

We have checked all local stores and most farms here that do meat have shut down to people coming in to buy stuff. My parents have checked their stores too.

We have enough random meat to last growing out my ducklings and quail. Then we will have enough meat to last indefinitely. When I say random it's like bacon and stuff that doesn't make complete meals 😂 tonight's dinner request is nachos 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm going to can my veggies, that's my plan. I dislike store bought veggies because garden fresh always taste better.

The only meat we have been able to find is ham steaks, ground sausage, and pork loin... It's not really meats my family likes but they haven't been complaining about it since I make really good sides with them.

We have checked all local stores and most farms here that do meat have shut down to people coming in to buy stuff. My parents have checked their stores too.

We have enough random meat to last growing out my ducklings and quail. Then we will have enough meat to last indefinitely. When I say random it's like bacon and stuff that doesn't make complete meals 😂 tonight's dinner request is nachos 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm going to can my veggies, that's my plan. I dislike store bought veggies because garden fresh always taste better.
There isn't much meat here either.

Haha my brother came to visit a few weeks ago and he was like, "Why the heck do you have so many coops?!" I didn't even notice until he said something. One of them is technically a dog house, "But there's a chicken in it!" he said. I say it doesn't count since I only let broody hens raise their chicks there. Then I have a large run which isn't connected to anything yet, right now it's just where their food is. It looks coop-like but really it at most counts as half a coop. Then I have the large coop I'm working on and a smaller coop I'm working on, both about half done. Then I have the coop they actually sleep in now. So really I only have like 2, even if looking outside it seems like 5. Lol.

I just realized I forgot the two quail coops and my greenhouse. Yeah, my lawn is a little crazy right now. Maybe during this time I will finally get it all organized :).
Lol, I have my coops organized in towns. One is Turkey Town, the other is Chicken City!

Back
Top Bottom