Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I am harvesting chicken run compost today to amend beds so I can seed before our coming storm.

I feel like I am a couple weeks late on peas, radish and lettuce already.
I’m ridiculously late on the peppers and tomatoes and also eggplant... at this rate I won’t even have vegetables until October 😂🙈

True but I’m worried it’s too late to start them. Takes like 8 weeks to be ready to plant doesn’t it? Maybe I could transplant them earlier or something. Our growing season does seem to be extended lately so maybe it’s not too late haha

I just worry it is for the peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant. :oops:

I’ve been meaning to plant them for a while but I keep forgetting :oops:
For me it's time to start eggplant
Zone 5

https://awaytogarden.com/when-to-start-seeds-calculator/

True but I’m worried it’s too late to start them. Takes like 8 weeks to be ready to plant doesn’t it? Maybe I could transplant them earlier or something. Our growing season does seem to be extended lately so maybe it’s not too late haha

I just worry it is for the peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant. :oops:

I’ve been meaning to plant them for a while but I keep forgetting :oops:

Too late??? :) I might think maybe for tomatoes, you may need plants. I think you might make it with eggplant.

Right back attacha, sister!

My dad didn't have any sons. That was a big disappointment to him so he expected my sister and I to keep up and do what needed doing. So I grew up doing the "boy" jobs -- including mixing cement and building a swimming pool in elementary school.

By the time I was supposed to go all "fem" in high school I just didn't feel like hamstringing myself anymore. I'd rather do things. Of course, some of the things I like to do are quilting and cooking and baking. And I can clean up if I need to.. 😉
That’s awesome!! :love

I have two brothers so I never really learned most stuff and also wasn’t really interested in cars or boats haha mostly they worked on the boat a lot 😂

But we used to play together all the time and my younger brother and I especially hung out a lot cause we’re similar ages and were home from school together a while before we started so I’m a bit of a tom boy haha we used to play army and crawl around the yard and bushes in the snow 😂😂

My mother is not a great cook but I’m pretty good, mostly because I follow directions to a T 😂🙈

But I’m too lazy to cook most of the time :oops: but I’ve been forcing myself to cook more lately and I do like it when I do it.

:lau don’t worry, I won’t! But if I did, I’d get the good stuff like Manic Panic or something and not cheap grocery store stuff haha but I honestly don’t really want to dye my hair anyway 😂 I like it brown and gray... skunk streaks are in fashion, right!? ;) :lau :oops:
I recommend artic fox. They are great. No nasty chemicals and the stuff smells like grapes!

In other news, 3,300 something cases today.

I've asked myself over the years if I could ever do that. I can't. I would choose -- actually choose -- being the one who's killed rather than living with the thought that I had done it.

It took me a long time but I managed to work myself up to culling a mean rooster. That's my limit. It just is.
I believe I could do it to defend myself or my family.

I think we’re 6b but I honestly think we’re shifting lately. Been getting warmer. I honestly feel like we’re closer to 7b now haha or at least a. But idk.

I think our last frost is usually after Memorial Day but I honestly think it might be sooner this year. It’s so warm already.

But even so, I don’t think I’m too late. I think I’m still right on time as long as I start like today/this week aha

It's just I could have probably started sooner and gotten them in way sooner and gotten a head start but oh well.

I've asked myself over the years if I could ever do that. I can't. I would choose -- actually choose -- being the one who's killed rather than living with the thought that I had done it.

It took me a long time but I managed to work myself up to culling a mean rooster. That's my limit. It just is.

You could always think if you needed to shoot someone to shoot too high or too low. May be enough to scare the creep.

I got to the point that I was taking the roos to a vet to euthanize. I just couldn't use an axe or anything violent. Now I put a tube down their throat and tube 45/60 ml of vodka. Eventually they fall asleep and die. A lot of times I hold them till it's over. :(

Of course that's where you'll find the dirt! :lau

I've always enjoyed working in my compost pile as much as my garden. I get really excited when all my garden and kitchen crap has turned into gorgeous earthy smelling humus. I guess that must be part of it.
True!! I’ve been outside so much today. Yesterday I barely went out even though it was really nice. :oops:

Definitely feel the difference!!!

And I love that too!!! Amazing to me how it turns from scraps to something so fertile and great haha

Back
Top Bottom