Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I wonder how many stamps I need to mail her to you...... 🤔

Today has been much less howling.
I need to find all those teething toys! She is chewing/trying out EVERYTHING this morning.
Next time someone goes to the store, pick up a bag of plain bagels, Store them in the freezer. When Aluah needs a teether, just pull one out and give it to her. They're chewy, they're tough and they're cold ... ideal for teething puppies. When she's done, and it's nice and sticky, gooey, nasty, just pick it up with your hand in an inside-out plastic baggie ... and pop it back into the freezer so it's ready for the next time. She won't care that it's ABC (already-been-chewed.) In fact, she'll probably prefer it that way!
I did the same thing with my kiddos ... only I used mini-bagels and gave them to the dog when they were done. Happy babies, happy puppers, RELIEVED Mama!

He's very special to me. I would give up the chickens for him.
Good for you! Honestly! I envy you, that. I would have done the same thing, except that he got a little too ... errr ... social, with a co-worker. When he brought her along to a nearby hotel during our family beach vacation, I knew the counseling wasn't working. The kids, the pets, the chickens and I are dong just fine without all that drama!
So, not only did I not have to give up my biddies, but now I can have CATS again! Not only are they more affectionate. but they eat less ... and even with four of them, they take up less space. Besides, they're MUCH better snugglers! 😍😺

Next time someone goes to the store, pick up a bag of plain bagels, Store them in the freezer. When Aluah needs a teether, just pull one out and give it to her. They're chewy, they're tough and they're cold ... ideal for teething puppies. When she's done, and it's nice and sticky, gooey, nasty, just pick it up with your hand in an inside-out plastic baggie ... and pop it back into the freezer so it's ready for the next time. She won't care that it's ABC (already-been-chewed.) In fact, she'll probably prefer it that way!
I did the same thing with my kiddos ... only I used mini-bagels and gave them to the dog when they were done. Happy babies, happy puppers, RELIEVED Mama!
Some folks freeze carrots for chew toys.

Good for you! Honestly! I envy you, that. I would have done the same thing, except that he got a little too ... errr ... social, with a co-worker. When he brought her along to a nearby hotel during our family beach vacation, I knew the counseling wasn't working. The kids, the pets, the chickens and I are dong just fine without all that drama!
So, not only did I not have to give up my biddies, but now I can have CATS again! Not only are they more affectionate. but they eat less ... and even with four of them, they take up less space. Besides, they're MUCH better snugglers! 😍😺
I have two cats, and he bought me a pup last year for our anniversary as a surprise! So we have two dogs as well.

Most of the time I wish I knew more people around here (newer place and location for me) but at times like this I'm glad I don't yet.
However, if I did my logic would look at things this way....we are a family at risk. Am I willing to risk the heath of my kiddo or myself because someone else can't respect (and not just lip service "respect") my decision to put our own health first?
If they are saying they respect you but pushing to do something disrespectful, maybe they aren't as good of friends than you thought they were. Friends respect one another.
Their "need" to socialize is not more important than your need to stay safe.

I know, easier said than done, and it does put you in a tough spot.
Not sure I'd allow a drive by visit either because it sounds like once they are there, they will worm their way into the house.

That's what the phone, the internet, Skype and Zoom are for....so maybe suggest using skype?? You can see each other just fine...like watching TV.

Can't Skype or Zoom, our 'net connection barely supports phone calls! Apparently putting a metal roof on a couple of years ago was a tactical, er, technical error. 🙄 That's what HughesNet guy said anyway.

Back
Top Bottom